Big brave man in little white van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
this guys ability to see what's coming was very poor indeed, he didn't anticipate the oncoming trafic nor the fact we would catch him up further down.
He looked quite pathetic in his little box when sharky caught up with him.

John the Monkey said:
I have to hope not. (I'm an occasional motorist myself, albeit not in a professional capacity, or in a capacity where I do a large amount of driving).

That said, people are passing me closer and closer lately (I DO have good lights, and reflectives). If they actually gave a monkeys (no pun intended), they'd move the wheel an inch or two over and give me more room, surely?
What? Go to all that effort!!? :ohmy:

I bet you don't even pay road tax, you tree hugging hippy!! :hyper:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
jonny jeez said:
...and how did that "conversation" go??

I assume you caught up with him?
Errrm, yes... see the vid. :biggrin:

I was very restrained (unlike my language when hepassed, and was driving off gesticulating out of his window)... well, apart from the final comment which was just a friendly "d1ckhead" as I got on my way. :blush:;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
John the Monkey said:
A twitter pal of mine was knocked off yesterday - driver moved his bike out of the way and buggered off
Wow, that's hardcore scum. Let's hope the police take it seriously and pursue all relevant CCTV in the area to catch that scrote and throw the book at him. ;):biggrin:!:blush::angry:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Errrm, yes... see the vid. :biggrin:

I was very restrained (unlike my language when hepassed, and was driving off gesticulating out of his window)... well, apart from the final comment which was just a friendly "d1ckhead" as I got on my way. :blush:;)

oops, Didnt see the vid link...excellent!!

mark i

To knock someone off a bike and then move the bike and leave them unconscious is ridiculous. The driver must have known that the cyclist was unconscious. If they catch him then they should throw the book at him. The delay in emergency help arriving could have been the difference between life and death.

The comment above about do you want to go home and tell your family you have killed someone for the sake of 15m is brilliant and sums it up.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Don't know if anyone else has posted it, but at least he then kept calm when faced up with you at his window and said sorry (as he should have done anyway). But better still, would be for him not to have attempted a stupid OT in the first place.

wafflycat

Sh4rkyBloke said:

I'm disappointed. There's no nice sight of pert bottom clad in tight Lycra. Most disappointing. ;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
ComedyPilot said:
Don't know if anyone else has posted it, but at least he then kept calm when faced up with you at his window and said sorry (as he should have done anyway). But better still, would be for him not to have attempted a stupid OT in the first place.
I'm not sure it was an *apology* (I know that sounds rather contradictory given that he said "Sorry") but more of a "I'm sorry, but there actually was more than enough room for you" in a kind of disagreeing type way. Either way, his girlfriend/passenger seemed to be a bit mortified when I caught up with them... don't think she knew where to look and it was quite amusing. :blush:

Waffles, sorry about the lack of lycra clad bottom... will try harder next time to orchestrate something for you. ;)

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
u9ge said:
I hate people saying about cycling to be green, I have no interest. I have an interest in keeping fit and not letting my travel card loan fund the likes of that fat workshy communist Bob Crow and his mates or that half baked numskul penis Boris.
Don't tar the penis with the same brush you use on that twat Boris! ;-)

bad boy

Über Member
John the Monkey said:
Stuff like this just makes me wince.

A twitter pal of mine was knocked off yesterday - driver moved his bike out of the way and buggered off (a woman passing by saw what had happenned and called an ambulance, luckily, as the cyclist in question had been knocked out cold). I've had numerous near misses this week. I can't help feeling that things are getting worse, and no one much (other than us) gives a toss.

And don't get me started on the bloody cats...

Thats shocking, but I agree things are getting worse and its starting to really piss me off.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
John the Monkey said:
Stuff like this just makes me wince.

A twitter pal of mine was knocked off yesterday - driver moved his bike out of the way and buggered off (a woman passing by saw what had happenned and called an ambulance, luckily, as the cyclist in question had been knocked out cold). I've had numerous near misses this week. I can't help feeling that things are getting worse, and no one much (other than us) gives a toss.

And don't get me started on the bloody cats...

Thats scary that the scum actually stopped and did not give a toss about the condition of your friend.The Police officer involved with my hit and run say it's a possible prison offence to leave a scene of an accident,but defo loss of licence and browny points .

Top Bottom