Big hello from Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barney155

Regular
Unfortunate near fatal bike accident and a ruptured heart valve sidelined me for close to eight years but decided this summer to get back on the bikes. Trying to build the confidence and strength, using the paved/gravel pathway network connecting both of our Great Lakes, which are not all that challenging but pleasant to ride. Still feel an aversion to riding on the roads though. Oh to feel the wind through my helmet and thinning hair. Wishing all a safe ride with the wind always at your back.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hello and :welcome:

OP
OP
Barney155

Barney155

Regular
[QUOTE 4928638, member: 259"]Welcome! I got shat on by a bird in Niagara last year, but apart from that it's a great part of the world! I have relatives in Kitchener (Hello Uncle Bob, Auntie Kate and your massive brood of kids and dogs).[/QUOTE]
My father would say if he was shat on by a bird - thank god elephants don't fly. We are about a 2 hour drive away from Kitchener/Waterloo, great cycling landscape. The original name of the city was Berlin changed I think during the Great War. Never been to the UK but the wife has. Safe riding

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Barney and welcome. We'remostly from the UK on here but we do have quite few members from across the pond. I've got a very nice 90's Schwinn Traveler (one L) from the nineties which I love.
Glad to hear you're getting back into cycling again, good luck.

arch684

Veteran
Hello and welcome from Scotland

OP
OP
Barney155

Barney155

Regular
Hello Barney and welcome. We'remostly from the UK on here but we do have quite few members from across the pond. I've got a very nice 90's Schwinn Traveler (one L) from the nineties which I love.
Glad to hear you're getting back into cycling again, good luck.
Looking forward to CC. Such a great feeling riding again. Safe ride!

Top Bottom