Big hello from Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Welcome, do you follow the Toronto Wolfpack?

Welcome to CC, Barney and good luck with re-riding.

The original name of the city was Berlin changed I think during the Great War.
Indeed, it was - named after the then Secretary of State for War! This guy:
220px-thumbnail.jpg

Welcome, do you follow the Toronto Wolfpack?
Unlikely, as most canucks know sfa about rugby league!

OP
OP
Barney155

Barney155

Regular
Welcome to CC, Barney and good luck with re-riding.

Indeed, it was - named after the then Secretary of State for War! This guy:
View attachment 370552

Unlikely, as most canucks know sfa about rugby league!
I watch rugby/soccer/ \cricket on the tele whenever I can! Baseball, American/Canadian football and dare I say ice hockey bores me to death. Give me a good televised cricket, soccer or rugby match and I will be happy and content (add a pint of good ale as well). If you didn't know Kitchener holds the second largest Octoberfest outside of Munich!

Apologies for being so presumptuous.

Am well aware of Oktoberfest; have friends in Waterloo; I lived in TO for years.

I suppose there are some folk who do not enjoy NHL, I do know a few, I am not one of them, hockey is a fantastic team sport to watch!

OP
OP
Barney155

Barney155

Regular
No need for apologies! I lived in the downtown core - Cabbagetown, Yorkville, Queen West, warehouse space on Adelaide where I could wheel my Nortons into my living space via freight elevator. Met my future wife and off to Pickering to start the family and with the growing family to Ajax. When home prices in the GTA increasing we decided for a move to the Niagara region. Commuting to work in Toronto was a pain but allowed me to at least have a nice 25km ride to catch my bus into TO.

You're up early!!
Nice areas you lived in. I started at Castle Frank (some folk termed north cabbagetown!), a few not so appealing areas and ended up at Church/Wellesley - perfect.
A friend moved to Ajax when he married with family plans in early '80's and is still in the same house.
Are you near N-o-t-L?

OP
OP
Barney155

Barney155

Regular
Always up at 4:00 - 5 am, with coffee, checking my mail and off to the garage for bike related diversion. Do like your north Cabbagetown location but must say the Church/Wellesley is still the least appealing area in Toronto, although condos are springing up east of Yonge like weeds these days. Used to play Thursday night hockey at the Moss Park arena at Church and Queen which was about a 25 minute walk from my location in Cabbagetown. We are about a 40 minute drive to N-o-t-L.

Top Bottom