Big hello from Cheffy and a happy new year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheffy

Regular
Hi all,
i'm new to the forum and initially came on lurking for advice, i was looking for info for the Triban 3, and after reading good reveiws for a budget bike i have decided to buy one, this site has been great and the only concern is the wheels, but if i am lucky wont have a problem but have put aside a few bob if it goes pair shaped, the reason for the purchase is some theiving scote stole my beloved british eagle touristique with a life time of changes, and tweaks over the years, ( had it since 1982) spent a small fortune, but hey ho here i am on the market with a 300 quid budget and looked at everything on the market ,second hand to new etc.
i used to love cycling and still do albeit very lazy, but this years new years resolution is to shed some serious timber (18.5 stone ,oops) and hit the road, soo if you see a 53 year old fat chef looking as red in the face as the colour of the bike just give me a few words of encouragement, i promise to keep you informed of the progress.
i pick up the bike from the Decathalon store tomorrow, and will hit the road monday, i live in Northampton love Rugby, reading playing guitar and singing badly and of course embarrasing my teenage daughters and poor suffering wife , i did hear that cycling improves your love life, when my wife heard this she asked if i would take up cross stitch ...yikes, see you around!

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the website. you have picked a good bike in the Triban 3, you will enjoy it:smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi cheffy amd :welcome: bad news on the bike but better news on the new one ! and if it helps two years ago I was a 22 st 10 lb obesse smoking 58 year old lump of lard who with a bit of slimming and these days a lot of cycling who is now a lean mean pedaling 14 st so take heart my friend it will happen.
Ernie.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Cheffy!
Don't lose too much weight: don't they say "never trust a skinny chef"? :laugh:
Happy new year to you too!

OP
OP
cheffy

cheffy

Regular
Pat thats what i keep saying, but its wearing a bit thin amd Ern1e you are truly and inspiration, so no pressure on me then :0)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pat thats what i keep saying, but its wearing a bit thin amd Ern1e you are truly and inspiration, so no pressure on me then :0)
Also, tell your wife not to worry: cycling does not affect your love life, just your bank balance ^_^

Ern1e

Über Member
None at all mate like I said it will happen :thumbsup: plus it is also unfortunatly true but most chef's are quite large although would not like to take Mr Ramsey up on that issue lol.
Ernie.

OP
OP
cheffy

cheffy

Regular
right the start of fat chef V skinney starts , i fetched my Triban 3 and its a beauty for the money, the decathalon store were excellent with really good customer service, they sized the bike up for and had me going round the store to check all was ok, put on water cages, so all set and let the battle commence! althought started the day with a bacon sandwich !
18.5 stones and hopfully dropping!

Top Bottom