Big jessie for tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plax said:
I was soaked and had people telling me how mad I was for most of the day :blush:.

That's the best bit about cycling to work. The fact that people think you are either vary mad or very brave ;)

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
That's the best bit about cycling to work. The fact that people think you are either vary mad or very brave :angry:
You definitely get a bit of a mad & macho reputation, especially if it's cold and/or wet.

Non-cyclists think you're some kind of superhuman, especially when they know I do 10 miles here and 10 miles home. They seem to be under the impression that cyclists should only be able to manage a couple of miles, tops.

Tynan

Veteran
went home last night at 8pm and clearly had some sort of following wind because I went home like the wind, it all felt so easy

I went past everything I saw, some proper courier types in all the gear on proper racers, did the 12 ish miles through London in about 40 minutes tops, usually takes an hour, king of the world

in today into a firm headwind and worked up an almighty sweat (in the new and rather warm Specialized top) trying to keep up any sort of speed, kept checking the gears, kept thinking I was in the wrong one, kept thinking the rear wheel wasn't rolling freely

all a mystery to me but the trip home was fun anyway, shows what's possible, and on the rapidly fading away old bike too

Plax

Guru
Tynan said:
in today into a firm headwind and worked up an almighty sweat (in the new and rather warm Specialized top) trying to keep up any sort of speed, kept checking the gears, kept thinking I was in the wrong one, kept thinking the rear wheel wasn't rolling freely

Today was the worst commute into work for me to date weather wise. The wind was so bad at one point that even going downhill, I was practically stopped, it was like cycling into an invisable wall. I really enjoyed it in a perverse kind of way. The route past the lake was the highlight. All those big puddles to try and cycle round and the amazement I had over how flooded the lake was (practically as high as the path, there's usually quite a drop) and how the car park by the lagoons had disappeared. All you could see was the tops of a few benches and the life belt thing sticking up! I wish I had a camera this morning to record my journey.
I bumped into the other guy that regularly commutes into work in the cloak room and he said he was blown over into the verge this morning!

Tynan

Veteran
oh, and in the excitement of the new top and pumping the tyres up I clean forget my wallet, keys and phone

so that's one bike that's staying locked up and one person going to evening classes and then home in a short sleeved shirt

yes, it blowing a gale and raining

tempted to have a go breaking my cheap as chips padlock

Top Bottom