Big offs

The crash I was involved in happened mainly because of...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Which one.would be my answer...

The one where I lost teeth was caused by my cousin jumping out intending to jump back in but slipped in a dog turd and I hit him... All on a 1in 5 decent on a brand new bike.

The one where I ended up unconscious before waking up and riding home with a spilt eye lid requiring 5 stitches. I later found that whilst unconscious some teenage girls found me and ran off to fetch help and whilst they was away I got up and rode off Prompting a search op by emergency services. That was over confidence on a regular route and too much speed / running out of skill.

I went through someone's waneylap fence once after carrying too much speed into a tightening s on s bend. The road was damp poor condition and Slippery too much speed insufficient talent. Whilst spectacular injury was limited to a graze and torn tights, the old bloke wasn't even bothered about the fence as he had a new one coming the following day.

Another was when again on a new bike a wheel rim split wedged in the frame. I did well and kept hold of the sudden locking of the pedals, the big wobble and skidding wheel only to clip a wall as I slowed and ending up under the bike.

Most embarrassing was going over the bars outside the doors to A&E due to a pothole. Closely followed by a belly flop on the tram lines in Manchester for which I was roundly admonished by a tramp - not for the fall but for showing a lack of gratitude to the screaming panicking passerby. That removed quite a bit of skin.

Another spectacular and painful crash was during a night ride in the wet, I was cracking along on a pitch black path when I hit a peice of rail stuck up vertical in the Pathhead bike stopped dead and I shot over the bars into nettles, thistles and hawthorns hedge. My mate who was following smashed straight into the back of me. I don't know which bit hurt the most. The daft thing is that we both new the rail as there. I so enjoyed that one I did it again on my own in the opposite direction some years later. (the rail was reported to the council after the first incident who did feck all)

Top Bottom