Big Shops re-opening today. Anyone going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Fortunately there is nothing we need enough to get in those queues.
I dont like shopping** at the best of times so won't go near them as things are.
**if I need eg a pair of trainers I go to those shops, buy them and go home. I cannot understand people that go to town just to browse.
I may be wrong but is it more of a woman thing?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Sometimes nice to see clothes before purchase, but i tend to shop online now. I just got 4 items from Next, reduced from £40 to £9. They all fit perfectly. There's nothing i want in a shop that can't be had cheaper online

Long time since I went shopping. Most of my purchases are done on line.
Clothes are usually bought by my good lady, but we are well stocked with them.

Big thing for us will be hairdressers (for her) and restaurants and bars.

Cafes are now fully open in France so presumably no 2 metre rule.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A lass who lives over the road from me says she's working on reverse psychology..
She reckons that everyone won't be going as they think that the places will be heaving, therefore they'll be empty just for her...
Rushden Lakes retail park, here she comes!!

😂

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nope.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am not a big shopper anyway, so I will be in no rush to go back. I also personally think that the country is unlocking too quickly which will make the second and then winter wave more severe.
I really fear that you are correct. If that happens and BoJo enforces another lockdown I can see riots.
Glad its not me having to make the decision though.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Long time since I went shopping. Most of my purchases are done on line.
Clothes are usually bought by my good lady, but we are well stocked with them.

Big thing for us will be hairdressers (for her) and restaurants and bars.

Cafes are now fully open in France so presumably no 2 metre rule.
No 2 metre rule at all ??
I find that very scary.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nope.. although I might drift through town later on the bike to see how many muppets are out and further diminish what sheds of faith I have remaining in humanity.

I'm vaguely interested to gauge turnout; half of me is expecting minimal crowds given the continued availability of stuff online throughout the crisis, uncertain financial future for some and caution over the continued risk of contageon. The other half of me thinks that places will be rammed as people are stupid, shallow and will casually shop for the novelty / because they're blindly subservient to the word of a government that has a vested interest in pushing the economy over all else.

I was pretty shocked yesterday to read a headline that read something along the lines of "Chancellor urges people to go out and shop" which, while we seem to be well over the peak seems grossly irresponsible against a backdrop of continuing deaths and infections.

vickster

Legendary Member
No, I’m working :okay:

And I don’t really need anything having done plenty of lockdown shopping online. I do need to return a few things though via the corner shop:whistle:

Top Bottom