Big Shops re-opening today. Anyone going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Good point - I heard that some shops will let you try on and will then quarantine the clothes for 3 days before they go back on the shelves. This all sounds like far too much work. I htink it would have been better to invest more money in store websites and free delivery so people can continue to shop online

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Nay, nay and thrice nay. A big fat NO.

PaulB

Legendary Member
So we're pretty much in agreement then, are we? It's for the muppets? Great.

Now, when BIG-P day comes along and all the pubs open, who's going then?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not going to the shops, nor the pubs - I don't go to them round here often anyway. Usually pop to the caravan pub, but we can't go :laugh:

I hate shopping as it is.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
For me - no. My wife isn't a keen shopper either. My 12yo daughter though, can't wait to get back into the shops. We'll be holding off as far as possible though - I'm not sure she's aware they are 'open' yet.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Even my daughter doesn't seem keen to go. She does shop on-line anyway. We thought we'd have to do a 'shop tour' as her birthday is coming up, but as we've sorted out a gaming computer for her, that's where the cash went, although family are doing 'money'.

I think Christmas will be 'vouchers' this year for everyone. We've had a few birthday's in the family, and it's generally alcohol, flowers or vouchers. My wife did rather well in all three categories.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't. All scientific evidence (even from Boris's effin "scientists") seems to say that the 2 metre rule is way over the top.

But for those suffering from the other virus doing the rounds it isn't enough. 10 metres won't be enough. The other virus? The Panic virus.
2m may or may not be over the top but people know what it means. It's an easy to remember rule and it coverts simply to imperial measurements as 6' (more or less). But it's regularly flouted, I think people underestimate the distance, 2m is further than you think.

So imagine if they reduce it to 1m as has been suggested, or even 1m if you're not facing each other as I've also seen. Nobody's going to stick to that. They won't be able to without carrying a ruler, they'll get within cm I'm sure, and anyway they'll see any relaxation as removal of the guidance, assume everything is fine and just go back to normal.

The 2m guidance may be imperfect but it does at least mean that some sort of distancing is being maintained. Change it and you may as well have nothing. IMO.

Gunk

Guru
I've managed fine without the shops being open, most of what we need I've managed to get on line, and we've not spent much, so the girls have sort of got out of the habit of shopping. ^_^

The thought of standing in a long queue keeping 2 metres apart and following arrow stickers on the floor personally is not a pleasant retail experience. So no I'm not in a hurry to rush back to the shops. I really can't get my head around the fact that some people were queuing to be first into the shops this morning, madness :wacko:

Top Bottom