Big Shops re-opening today. Anyone going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Never over estimate the Great British public!
lol - don't worry, as some on here have taken exception to in the past I have a pretty dim view of our fellow citizens and their behaviour en-masse :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
Primark is popular with a certain type of shopper and has no online presence, so it's not surprising they're busy.
They did a massive about face, initially saying they wouldn't open unless they were completely happy it was 100% safe and now look :rolleyes:

Not a retailer I would ever willingly give money to myself (cheap tat)

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Local news showing massive queue's outside some stores in Manchester, namely Primark, Sports Direct, Foot Locker - you know essential stuff. Who the heck is travelling in ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Local news showing massive queue's outside some stores in Manchester, namely Primark, Sports Direct, Foot Locker - you know essential stuff. Who the heck is travelling in ?
Kids not at school, students, people on furlough, the unemployed, those just not working today, retired folk etc etc?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Primark is popular with a certain type of shopper and has no online presence, so it's not surprising they're busy.
They did a massive about face, initially saying they wouldn't open unless they were completely happy it was 100% safe and now look :rolleyes:

It's a horrible shopping experience anyway. I get dragged in with my daughter on occasions. Thankfully, she's a quick shopper, but it's like a stampede at the best of times. Can't stand the place.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sports Direct are offering 50% off to NHS staff today so maybe that's driving some people there...and the fact they charge for delivery/returns and are a pita if you do want a refund!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..

Indeed - lowest common denominator and all that.. that said I am rather partial to their cheap T-shirts for daily wear (which tend to last OK) but they do sell a lot rubbish.

The only thing I can appreciate about them is at least they're passing on the cost savings of the clothing industry's ruthless exploitiation of third-world suppliers to the customer.. although I doubt the more disposible nature of their cheap, often low-quality products is doing anything to promote responsible and sustainable behaviour in the great consumptove masses :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
In the past I did enjoy a potter around the shops, maybe lunch or a coffee out...at the moment, essential only for me (food and bike shops only :laugh:)

Top Bottom