Bigfella's Peugeot single speed project #2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigfella

Über Member
Well I have bought a nice 64cm Peugeot Competition frame made from 531. This is the one I will keep for myself and sell the Raleigh. I hope it have the allen style brake mounts as I have bought a set of Campy Mirage brakes for it. If not, are my options really limited?

2b28_1.JPG

Tel

Veteran
Yes, but it's not the end of the world. Its probably changed now but when dual pivot first came out they were loads heavier than single pivot, although you should still be able to get D/P to fit.

I have bolt fitted brakes on my fixie. I have removed the rear brake and will soon be attempting to drill the front fork to accommodate allen fixing brake, I'll be updating my thread when it is done.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well it looks like it has the holes there, and no "lugs" for the centre pull. Hopefully it will be here by Friday and I can have a proper look.

Tel

Veteran
Have you got your frame? I drilled out my forks today to take the recess brakes and it was a very easy job! If you wanted to do the rear brake bridge to though then you'd need an angle drill due to the lack of space.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I drilled out the fork crown and rear bridge on a Peugoet frame I was converting to fixed to attach recessed-bolt brakes. As Tel says, space is a bit limited on the rear brake bridge. I had to buy an angled drill attachment. (It's come in handy for all sorts of other jobs since).

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Yep I have received it. I drilled out the front forks and used a 7mm bit on on the rear brake bridge. I managed to get it fairly straight by drilling from the side (its a large frame) and then using a Dremel to clean it up. I test fitted some old brakes I had and its fine. I just need to get some of those half moon washers.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Frames are off for sand blasting and painting now. Should be back next week all things being well.

A lot of the bits have arrived now and I have a set of nice wheels, I have left buying the BB for now as I am not sure about the chainline.

Just trying to source some Phil Wood spacers to space the rear wheel out to 126mm.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Sorry purists but I'm going flat bars.

I have set the bars up with grips, levers and bar ends. Don't worry the stem I am using is open ended. See photo...

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Frames are back from the Powder Coaters. Peugeot is on the left, they have done a nice job apart from a slight blemish on the head tube of the Peugeot (picture attached, about 3mm in size and not very noticable) and they missed a tiny part on the BB of the Raleigh.

I plan to touch these up, any ideas where I can get some paint to match?

Top Bottom