Biggest annoyance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have some lights that are like mini supernova's on my bike. Most times they are angled down slightly as the can glare, but when I approach a roundabout, especially a major one in the night I tend to angle it straight ahead so people can see i'm there.

But do you think what you are doing to other road users?

Big rainbow house lol!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Then you'd hate this road! The only time I've ever seen no cars parked was at 6am on a Sunday.
Ah, North Somerset, showing another of Elfan Ap Rees's narrower-than-a-handlebar cycle lanes, illustrating once again that its residents cycle despite the council's infrastructure, not because of it!

At least Norfolk county council attempts reasonable stuff, but then neither police nor borough parking officers seem interested in issuing tickets for some of it, so this cycle track to a school is almost permanently a car park :sad:
I have some lights that are like mini supernova's on my bike. Most times they are angled down slightly as the can glare, but when I approach a roundabout, especially a major one in the night I tend to angle it straight ahead so people can see i'm there.
Yeah, dazzle the motorists on the roundabout, that's perfectly legal and will help(!) :rolleyes:

Gert Lush

Ah, North Somerset, showing another of Elfan Ap Rees's narrower-than-a-handlebar cycle lanes, illustrating once again that its residents cycle despite the council's infrastructure, not because of it!

At least Norfolk county council attempts reasonable stuff, but then neither police nor borough parking officers seem interested in issuing tickets for some of it, so this cycle track to a school is almost permanently a car park :sad:

Well that's no use at all!

gazza_d

Biggest pet gripe are the drivers that stop at a junction but a couple of metres back and managing to block the crossing point.

And dog walkers who care more about their phone than what Fido is doing.

I appreciate the drivers that let me cross, but I am always ultra wary and careful. I also make sure i thank them. Its consideration and should be welcomed and encouraged as an improvement in attitudes

Tom B

Guru
My bug bear is the people who either meander all over the shared cycle/foot paths around her, the groups of pedestrians who see you coming then starburst rather than moving to one side or squeezing in a little.

Tom B

Guru
And dog walkers who care more about their phone than what Fido is doing.

I was once on a cycle path heading down a ramp Z shaped ramp to an underpass. Bert and Ada were out with fido (a 6month old staffy type) and co when one of them decided to run up to my bike and start snapping at me... Not sure if fido was being playful or aggressive, but having slowed to about 2mph to pass Bert and Ada, negotiate the bends Fido was snapping at my feet. The tip of Fido's paw then got clipped by the rear wheel. Bert and Ada were outraged and shouting all-sorts at me, damn sure I wasn't stopping to be bitten properly. Fido was clearly fine as he ran away.

Tin Pot

Guru
Been commuting now for almost a year and I am by all accounts quite laid back on the road. Generally let bad/inconsiderate driving go with nothing more than a mild, muttered expletive and a daydream about the driver denting his car further along the road.

One thing that really annoys me irrationally though is when cars go through lights knowing that they wont be able to get through the junction completely and then when my lights go green you need to hesitate as you're never sure whether they will just sit in no mans land or try and shoot through quickly. Most things I can let go but that frustrates me no end.

Please tell me I'm not the only person with an irrational annoyance of something relatively small.

Indicators. And roundabouts.

People do not know how to use them.

Lonestar

Veteran
Using them at all would be a great start. I'll get shirty about the finer points once we've got the population past step 1.

It's crept in the game over the last few years as well as the last second indicate which half the time is no use at all.

Top Bottom