Bigmouth Strikes Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You may be right. My recollection was that it was "Bad News" :smile:

You're thinking of Douglas Adams.

"One of the problems has to do with the speed of light and the difficulties involved in trying to exceed it. You can't. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. The Hingefreel people of Arkintoofle Minor did try to build spaceships that were powered by bad news but they didn't work particularly well and were so extremely unwelcome whenever they arrived anywhere that there wasn't really any point in being there."

Terry Pratchett's was the idea that since on the death of a monarch the monarchy instantly transferred to the heir, monarchy must travel faster than the speed of light.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

"One of the problems has to do with the speed of light and the difficulties involved in trying to exceed it. You can't. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. The Hingefreel people of Arkintoofle Minor did try to build spaceships that were powered by bad news but they didn't work particularly well and were so extremely unwelcome whenever they arrived anywhere that there wasn't really any point in being there."
Of course. I think my brain needs an upgrade or at least a defrag.

Oxo

Guru
"One of the problems has to do with the speed of light and the difficulties involved in trying to exceed it. You can't. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news,

I took a speed-reading course and read 'War and peace' in 20 minutes. It's about Russia.

Norm

Terry Pratchett's was the idea that since on the death of a monarch the monarchy instantly transferred to the heir, monarchy must travel faster than the speed of light.
Marry me, RL!!! :wub:

:biggrin:

Oxo

Guru
Sorry, I could never settle for the Norm :thumbsup:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until they speak"
:rofl:

D

Deleted member 1258

Do you lot realise that you have wasted a vast amount of valuable time on posting 15 pages of pure garbage, and I have wasted a valuable amount of my evening reading your garbage, and we still don't know who bigmouth is, or did I miss something.

Oxo

Guru
Do you lot realise that you have wasted a vast amount of valuable time on posting 15 pages of pure garbage, and I have wasted a valuable amount of my evening reading your garbage, and we still don't know who bigmouth is, or did I miss something.

Sometimes I wake in the night and I ask, 'Where has it gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'- Charlie Brown

adds21

Rider of bikes
That's the one. T.P. did suggest something even faster however. Can you recall what it was?

Douglas Adams wrote that Bad News was the quickest thing in the Universe. Only problem was that any ship powered by a "Bad News drive" was unwelcome where ever it went :tongue:.

Edit: Beaten to it! I'll shut up now!