Bigmouth Strikes Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian 74

Anything that isn't :tongue:

Touche - I'd like to point out that I'm an immigrant from lancashire
thumbsup.png

byegad

Legendary Member
If you are going to complain publicly about another forum member you should either put up or shut up.

Coming on all holier-than-thou about the alleged sins of an anonymous member you have taken a dislike to makes you look like a bit of a prat, TBH.

I agree without a name we don't know who you are complaining about so could all take offence.

I'd suggest one or more of three things.

1. Grow a thicker skin.
2. Take it up by pm with the person involved.
3. Use your ignore list.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I enjoy the ebb and flow of debate on this site afterall robust discourse is the meat and potatoes of online forums like this but it has come to my attention and no doubt the constituency of Cycle Chat that we have an annoying bigmouth in our midst

Not willing to name this person i do find this member sticks their irritating oar in to every available discussion to give platform for their righteous holier than thou know it all righteous indignation

I now find this contributer a repellent malign influence on cycle chat who is systematically eroding my enjoyment of the cut and thrust of discourse for fear they will target my contributions with snide righteousness

Out of politness i will not disclose the identity of the stick in the spokes
wacko.gif
, the buckle in the wheel
sad.gif
, the slow insidious puncture
angry.gif

im sure you will come to your own conclusions

Can I please complain about certain people writing silly posts about other CC members. he or she knows who he or she is but I'm far too polite to name them. If you don't know who that person is then this silly post is for you. Simples
biggrin.gif

Ian 74

No I think you'll find that I AM SPARTACUS!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I enjoy the ebb and flow of debate on this site afterall robust discourse is the meat and potatoes of online forums like this but it has come to my attention and no doubt the constituency of Cycle Chat that we have an annoying bigmouth in our midst

Not willing to name this person i do find this member sticks their irritating oar in to every available discussion to give platform for their righteous holier than thou know it all righteous indignation

I now find this contributer a repellent malign influence on cycle chat who is systematically eroding my enjoyment of the cut and thrust of discourse for fear they will target my contributions with snide righteousness

Out of politness i will not disclose the identity of the stick in the spokes
wacko.gif
, the buckle in the wheel
sad.gif
, the slow insidious puncture
angry.gif

im sure you will come to your own conclusions

A "repellent malign"

...unlike someone who has only contributed for a couple of weeks to the forums and decides to impolitely ramble on as if we all know this person and supposedly all agree.

Its a bit like being introduced into a group of friends and then sneaking around each and every one saying "...you know John..? I cant stand John! I think John is horrible."

Click ignore if its that bad or dont read.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I cannot stand robust debate.

I have entirely conflicting views with a couple of things a cyclechatter has posted, and have decided to post a playground-quality whine hoping to polarise people into camps in order to justify my own inadequacies.

Fixed that for you Charityshop.

You need to reconcile the fact in your own mind that CC is an internet forum. You are perfectly entitled to post your own opinions on it, ask questions and engage in lively discussion if you wish. Others do so, and use it as a form of entertainment, education , diversion, panacea, relief from boredom or loneliness and no doubt a thousand more reasons.

If you don't like debate with people who may add an alternative perspective to the mix, perhaps you could take up ventriloquy?????

John90

Über Member
[QUOTE 1515194"]
Looking at it a different way I think the OP is an important - that is how CC presents itself to new users. If the OP feels the need (rightly or wrongly) to complain about a member after only a few weeks of being a member then soemthing is wrong IMHO of course.
[/quote]

He only singled out one person however, which I think is a bit off, and said the rest of CC was to his (her?) liking. I'm also a recent arrival on CycleChat and it's one of the more reasonable, erudite and informed communities on the web. There are some know-it-alls but for the most part that's because they pretty much know it all - it's a great place to come to for advice. Helmet debates can get a bit strange and all human cycling life is here so you're going to warm to some posters more than others, but I don't think the OP's view indicates that CC is off-putting to new users. At all.

[QUOTE 1515194"]
Looking at it a different way I think the OP is an important - that is how CC presents itself to new users. If the OP feels the need (rightly or wrongly) to complain about a member after only a few weeks of being a member then soemthing is wrong IMHO of course.
[/quote]

The only way to apply this kind of control would be heavier moderation, with quotas for number of permissible posts per discussion, or even types of discussion. Setting the rules and applying the moderation would be a nightmare and a full time job for the admin teams. I for 1 would not like such a thing to take place and would vote with my feet if it came about. However, from my impression of Admin while I have been here, I would not be surprised if he rejected any such proposal from the outset.