BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borchgrevink

Have been using Bkool (@Bkool) for a couple of years now. Had much fun, but also alot could be said about Bkool which is nicely summed up in another thread. My main complaints have been:

- Poor customer support. You almost always get an answer saying they'll look into it and pass it over to the tech guys but NOTHING happens.
- New features and suggestions are "not welcome"
- The ENORMOUS amount of rides and routes is the main problem because it is more and more difficult finding high quality rides with great video quality, correct profile vs incline, stable camera etc etc.

Now I've tested BigRingVR. (See a selection of the routes: http://bigringvr.com/demos.aspx). Let me sum it up:
- STUNNING, and I mean STUNNING high quality 1080p 60fps (if your computer is good enough. 720p if not) videos filmed from a super smooth and stable position.
- Instead of Bkools choice of having hundred of thousands of routes, with mostly (90-95% rubbish) low quality routes or routes that are almost identical (who wants ten versions of nearly the exact same route near your home?), BigRingVR have focused on a base with ONLY super quality rides (which you also can ride only parts of), more than enough for most people. New routes added regularly.
- Profile vs incline is SPOT ON.
- Incredible customer support. You get a dedicated answer from guys really interested in what you are doing and wanting to solve issues. New updated versions coming regularly.-

Issues, yes. There are som minor issues (they are currently in a free beta).
- If you are into social riding, this is not yet in place. For me this is not a big issue, I almost always ride alone. The next version, coming very soon, is supposed to introduce ghosts for PR. That is at least to me, the most important missing feature.
- Not a dedicated leaderboard, but then not very important as rides could be uploaded to Strava and you have the leaderboards there.

All in all they really look to become my personal choice for riding software.

Give it a try (I have NO personal interest or benefiting from promoting BigRingVR).

Looks interesting. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks....

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Looks really good and I will be signing up so thank you for letting us all know about it :smile:

OP
OP
borchgrevink

borchgrevink

Not sure, haven't checked all, but at least most seems to be. I have asked for a couple of flatter rides too.

Top Bottom