BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Can't seem to be able to get this on my laptop running Windows 8 anyone know where I've gone wrong
Runing windows 10 on a pc and runs fine

bobinski

Legendary Member
I did my first proper ride with BigRingVR today.... the Col Du Petit Saint Bernard from Montvalezan.

Excellent... great quality video and display of data, plus nice smooth gradient transitions. The only blip was my cadence data which I'm working with their team on resolving... they seem very helpful and responsive. Very impressed so far.

Just saw this. I did the ride to Petit Saint Bernard last year, but from Bourg st Maurice. Its a great ride. Miss timed it and arrived at sunset looking down into Italy so a hairy but exhilarating ride back to Bourg in the dark!

I had a quick go at the Alp D'huez ride. Looks great. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

I did another one yesterday.... Col de la Cayolle... really good. Elevation profile colour coding seems just right and the transitions in gradient/resistance seem very natural. I believe they are looking at multiplayer and ghost function for the future.

ibooij

Über Member
Ironic considering the name

BigRingVR developer here. The name was there already before I had a smart trainer. I used a fluid trainer (Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roll) for my indoor trainer. I was doing most of my training and all of the climbing in the big ring to be able to apply enough power. Hence the name. I agree it could probably be called SmallRingVR at this moment, but that doesn't sound as nice ;-)

Most of our rides are climbs currently. We'll be adding more flat and rolling videos as we go along.

cheers!
Ilja

bobinski

Legendary Member
BigRingVR developer here. The name was there already before I had a smart trainer. I used a fluid trainer (Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roll) for my indoor trainer. I was doing most of my training and all of the climbing in the big ring to be able to apply enough power. Hence the name. I agree it could probably be called SmallRingVR at this moment, but that doesn't sound as nice ;-)

Most of our rides are climbs currently. We'll be adding more flat and rolling videos as we go along.

cheers!
Ilja

Thanks for dropping in. I am impressed by what you have done so far. Re routes can I shout out for Ventoux possibly even the Cingles? Not a selfish request all, honest:whistle:

Breedon

Legendary Member

cheers!
Ilja
Yes good of you to drop in which can't be said for another certain app.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Thanks for dropping in. I am impressed by what you have done so far. Re routes can I shout out for Ventoux possibly even the Cingles? Not a selfish request all, honest:whistle:

Take no notice of this fellow... I agree with you, let's see some rolling rides... maybe even the odd flattish one.. or two.. if you do put up Ventoux, Bob will need a granny gear... :reading:

Top Bottom