Bike advice please. compromise for c2w or purchase what I want ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
+1 to credit card - you can control how quickly you pay it off too (Barclaycard quite often have 15 month deals)

Peteaud

Veteran
A localish shop to me sells last years models at stupidly cheap prices.

So +1 for 0% card and a "dated" model.

My own supersix was one of these and it was a steal with 30% off.

OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

I've completely dismissed c2w as there's a possibility I will want to leave work within the next year and I don't want to be landed with a big bill.

I scratched my itch and pulled the trigger on the 105 pro carbon at £799 last night. I keep checking my order status to see if they have shipped !

I had looked at the ribble but I came alongside a rider with one a few weeks back and asked him about it. He said it was 'ok' but no better which put me off a bit. It's the same ballpark as the px pc if you factor in tiagra vs 105

thanks to everyone in this thread, some rally good advice especially regarding c2w

cheers,

malty

OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

It's been dispatched today. I'm the night manager at the parcel depot it'll be coming through but tonight is the only night in the last three weeks I've had off !!!! Typical !

I've put my deputy on high alert to look after it and let me know when it's arrived :smile:

Very excited. I've been reading up on the frame geometry today and I think it'll help with the only 2 issues I ever had with my Pinnacle. Can't wait.

OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

It's here ! Can't wait to get out on it, probably tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• DSC_0867.JPG
    DSC_0867.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

Took it up the road briefly, feels great. Will swap out the wheels for my r501s for now as they have decent wet/winter tyres already on. Possibly swap the saddle for my specialized one but I'll see how I get on with it first.

OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

Quick ride this evening before the light failed. Only 8 miles but enough to know that it feels "right".

Very happy and looking forward to the club run tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom