Bike bit purchases that mysteriously grow legs and disappear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I'm sure we've got a poltergeist in our house. A while ago I bought some Velcro to use in the car so knowing how forgetful I am I purposefully placed it on the drivers seat so I knew where it was. Removed the part I wanted to velcro (door card) turned round to pick it up and it was gone. Spent the next hour turning the air blue and the garage and half the house upside down and couldn't find it anywhere. A couple of weeks later walked into the garage, turned the light on and there it was sitting in the middle of my workbench.

That's when I freaked out :eek:. I'm getting goosebumps just writing this!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Front lights for me. I lost one a month or so ago,then i lost the replacement soon after. That's why i don't pay more than a tenner for front lights. Mind you i don't cycle at night now. The lights tend to get used for seeing my way around when walking.

Not bike related, but I/we once lost the blades from a food processor, rendering said appliance useless. Hunted everywhere in the kitchen and beyond, never found them. Over a year later they turned up, buried in soil at the bottom of one of the raised beds in the garden as I was digging it over. I mean, how the hell does that happen?!

Of course, I was delighted to find them and popped them on the wall to clean up after I'd finished gardening.

Of course, I then forgot all about them until the next morning, when I went outside to retrieve them.

Of course, they'd gone. Another year on and still no sign. I expect they'll pop up for half an hour again at some point before going off on their travels again.

GuyBoden

Guru
Those small, fiddly, Brake /Gear cable ends, where do they all disappear too.........

These:
fwe-cable-end-caps-x-10-silver-EV180178-9999-1.jpg

wonderloaf

Veteran
Not bike related, but I/we once lost the blades from a food processor, rendering said appliance useless. Hunted everywhere in the kitchen and beyond, never found them. Over a year later they turned up, buried in soil at the bottom of one of the raised beds in the garden as I was digging it over. I mean, how the hell does that happen?!

Of course, I was delighted to find them and popped them on the wall to clean up after I'd finished gardening.

Of course, I then forgot all about them until the next morning, when I went outside to retrieve them.

Of course, they'd gone. Another year on and still no sign. I expect they'll pop up for half an hour again at some point before going off on their travels again.
I think my poltergeist must have moved in with you.

I lost my virginity in the bike shed - does that count?

Sixmile

Veteran
Arm Warmers.

I had bought 4 pairs and currently the only pair left are the Merino wool ones that ended up in the tumble drier and now just about fit my 6 year old. I have a single of another pair and that's it.

Top Bottom