Bike buying? Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Xenon 2017 Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I already have a Giant Defy 2 road bike with a Tiagra groupset. I know “they” say you should upgrade and move forward but I do like this bike and was wondering what your thoughts were on it:

https://www.evanscycles.com/bianchi-via-nirone-7-xenon-2017-road-bike-EV288125

Also, I’m 5’6 – 29 inside leg – what would be the correct size for me with this bike? I do appreciate though bike sizing varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and the only way is to try out the bike, but if someone could give me a rough guide

Thanks

J

vickster

Legendary Member
What's wrong with the Defy?

Go test ride it, piece of .... at Evans. I did it yesterday, no intention to buy and I was very upfront with the salesman. Driving licence, penny on bank card and I could take it for as long as I wanted

£50 or so deposit, they'll get the bike in for you if not in store, take it for as long as you want (on a dry day). If you don't want it, you get your deposit back

5'6, I'd guess at the 50cm or 53cm frame based on the geometry chart in your link (and the questions that have already been asked and answered on the Evans link you supplied ;) ),
but compare to that for your Defy if that's the right size. However, ask Evans when you order it in if they don't have in store

If you like it, buy it. The Campag shifters may feel a bit 'agricultural' especially if you have the newer 4700 Tiagra

Last edited:
Hi there

I already have a Giant Defy 2 road bike with a Tiagra groupset. I know “they” say you should upgrade and move forward but I do like this bike and was wondering what your thoughts were on it:

https://www.evanscycles.com/bianchi-via-nirone-7-xenon-2017-road-bike-EV288125

Also, I’m 5’6 – 29 inside leg – what would be the correct size for me with this bike? I do appreciate though bike sizing varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and the only way is to try out the bike, but if someone could give me a rough guide

Thanks

J
It's a nice bike that. Sizing is a personal preference thing, but I reckon that a 50 cm would be right for you.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looms like you need a medium. You really need to try but I'd think a large would be too big. I prefer my bikes a little on the large size.

vickster

Legendary Member
Looms like you need a medium. You really need to try but I'd think a large would be too big. I prefer my bikes a little on the large size.
Except Bianchi don't actually size their bikes like that :rolleyes:
From the link...
  • 44cm
  • 46cm
  • 50cm
  • 53cm
  • 55cm
  • 57cm
  • 59cm
  • 61cm
  • 63cm
I'm assuming his Giant is a small (if not an XS), that's what it should be compared to

Milzy

Guru
For 200 quid more there are probably at least two dozen 'better' bikes (based on whatever criteria you choose), but he says he likes that one :smile: It is much prettier than the somewhat dull and ubiquitous Giant ;) Not to mention, the ones available via your link will also be far too big ;)
He can ride a medium. It's not about the paint job.

vickster

Legendary Member
He can ride a medium. It's not about the paint job.
At 5'6?
I'm 5'10, 34" inside leg and a Medium Giant is too big for me. Don't let me ever take your advice on bike sizing ;)

Of course it's about the paint job...it's ALL about the paint job...he's presumably chosen the Bianchi as N+1 for a reason ;)

Reactions: gbb
lots of small increments on that bike so IMO you could possible fit on 3 of those bikes depending on your torso length I would have thought the 46 with a virtual Top Tube length of 520mm or the 50 with a virtual TT of 525 or even the 53 with a Virtual TT of 535 might fit. Standover hieght does not have much to do with it, TT virtual or horizontal length is key.

Milzy

Guru
At 5'6?
I'm 5'10, 34" inside leg and a Medium Giant is too big for me. Don't let me ever take your advice on bike sizing ;)

Of course it's about the paint job...it's ALL about the paint job...he's presumably chosen the Bianchi as N+1 for a reason ;)
Yep you right I looked at a comment instead of actually looking at his height. I would like a custom build to be sprayed a spear mint green.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Except Bianchi don't actually size their bikes like that :rolleyes:
From the link...
  • 44cm
  • 46cm
  • 50cm
  • 53cm
  • 55cm
  • 57cm
  • 59cm
  • 61cm
  • 63cm
I'm assuming his Giant is a small (if not an XS), that's what it should be compared to

Hi there

This is my Giant Defy 2 and I ride a small size if that helps in the comparison of sizing of the Bianchi (the size dimensions are at the bottom of the page of the link)

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/defy-2-2016

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi there

This is my Giant Defy 2 and I ride a small size if that helps in the comparison of sizing of the Bianchi (the size dimensions are at the bottom of the page of the link)

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/defy-2-2016

Thanks
The Bianchi geometry is on the Evans site for you to compare
However, as @HarryTheDog has said, there are three sizes that might fit, so order them all into Evans (£50 a bike, refundable) and get test rides. Photo ID, bank card, day off work, easy

Milzy

Guru
Although I'm 5 8 and guy at JE James sat me on a TCR medium and it was a good fit. You're 2 inches taller but it didn't fit?? Strange. The guy said if you're a seated climber it's great. Standing hanging over the edge of smaller frames isn't so good. After 4 years of compact frames I now want more comfort.

Top Bottom