Bike carriages rolled out on West Highland rail line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Are you listening, Greater Anglia? It's the Dunwich Dynamo this weekend, an event GA deal with by banning all bikes for the day, even folders :banghead:
I think some of the Scottish cycle carriages are converted from the class 153s that used to run on the Ipswich-Lowestoft line. They only held 2 bikes at any time.
On normal days they have roll on capacity for about 6 bikes. So it’s not all bad. But I wish the train announcement would tell you what bloody carriage the bike bit is. How can I stand at approx right part of platform if I don’t know which carriage I need?
Look for the green stripe along the top of the carriage as it approaches which signifies the bike storage area.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
To add to info Thameslink 12 carriage trains have the bike storage in carriages 3 and 9.

Sallar55

Veteran
They say that the extra spaces for bikes are an improvement, we had this and more when the train had a guards van. Was great for impromptu w/ends after looking at the weather forecast on a Thursday night (no need to book). Another on was
the sleeper to the Fort. Dalmuir at 6am, in the Fort for 9am.

Top Bottom