Bike couriers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

Has anyone bought a bike online and arranged a courier to deliver for them?

If so can you recommend a company who are decent and reliable. I guess the bike has to be stripped and boxed up prior to collection?

I have been looking for a specific bike but most are a decent distance from me and would rather get it delivered than travel for it.

Thanks

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Many times over the years and normally with Senditnow.com aka parcel force or Paisley freight.
Both of which would only accept a boxed bike with nothing sticking out on collection.
Ensure seller knows how to pack and protect against damage in transit as seen a few that got damaged en route due to total lack of packaging between bike and box .
So be cautious.
@DCLane will add more experience

Alex321

Veteran
If you are buying from a retailer, they will usually arrange the packing and delivery (for a fee of course).

If you are buying privately, then you will need to arrange that with the seller.

Provided it is packed up properly, most of the main courier firms will be Ok, though personally I wouldn't use Yodel, nd many people here have complaints about Evri.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Won’t be buying from a retailer, it was used bikes I have been looking at on eBay/fb/gumtree.

I see you can buy bike boxes on eBay for £20 so I could always send one to seller if he was willing to take wheel/bars etc off and package up and send

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've asked halfords for one of their bike boxes (before they get chucked in a baler or skip) No charge and quite happy for me to take one, or more if needed.
Some of the necessary straps & padding were still in it, too!

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

I've asked halfords for one of their bike boxes (before they get chucked in a baler or skip) No charge and quite happy for me to take one, or more if needed.
Some of the necessary straps & padding were still in it, too!

Yes however it would be the seller sending. So no use to me here. But I guess it’s an option for the seller

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Paisley Freight are usually very good.

Just had a look at Paisley Freight, it seems you have to purchase extra liability cover with them as with bikes they only cover up to £100 if damaged?

Top Bottom