Bike depreciation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Hello All,

This is partly a request for some help, and will likely become an advert in the classifieds section.

Cannondale Synapse Disc Alloy 105 2016

A co-worker's mother is selling the bike above after he passed unexpectedly earlier this year. He bought this bike and has done something in the order of 50 miles on the thing (here is the picture of the stock bike).

I will endeavor to get some photos of the actual bike, but what might she expect? If it was £900 new... is there a rule of thumb for what it would go for with 50 miles on the clock?

If anyone is at all interested, it is 56cm and near Glasgow.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
If its in first class condition a typical selling price is liable to be half the RRP. The problem is that many large retailers sell off the previous years, but otherwise brand new, unsold bikes for anything down to half price, and occasionally less, which makes used bikes undersiable in comparison.

I agree with Drago (this is becoming far too regular happening!) that c. half the RRP would be the best they could hope for. If it was a 58cm or bigger I would have said about 25% of RRP ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
sadly the folk above have it about right.

I am kicking myself for buying some NOS components when I have just seen an as new bike with them on BIN on fleabay for half what I paid for a couple of bits.

vickster

Legendary Member
OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
That was the picture my point of contact provided, and they are not especially eloquent with groupsets. I will hopefully at eyes on it tomorrow. It may turn out to be a Tiagra bike...

Top Bottom