Bike-Discount DE V's Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
will definitely check their site again next time I'm ordering anything
And I did and have to say they have come up trumps again.
Looking for some M+Tour tyres* to fit to the CX bike for winter commutes/light off road use, getting on for £30 over here but just £18+ on bike-discount-de, even with the postage works out just over £20 per tyre :thumbsup:

* @fossyant will be horrified again ^_^

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I find some of the German suppliers also keep harder to find stuff like the crankset I replaced on my MTB. Couldn't find it anywhere and sent out a circular email to every supplier I could get an email for.

Not only did bikediscount respond first but had the item and cheap as chips with free delivery. It only took 3 days to arrive

And I did and have to say they have come up trumps again.
Looking for some M+Tour tyres* to fit to the CX bike for winter commutes/light off road use, getting on for £30 over here but just £18+ on bike-discount-de, even with the postage works out just over £20 per tyre :thumbsup:

* @fossyant will be horrified again ^_^
Ordered a pair of Marathon winters on Sunday and they arrived on Thursday, great service and only 51 quid with delivery.

bpsmith

Veteran
I bought my Bianchi from a German website. They ordered from Italy and then shipped to me. Even with hefty shipping charge, I still saved £600 on the UK price. Very helpful too!

compo

Veteran
But they do deliver to just about any country in the world, including mine, which many just don't as I've been finding out recently.

Is post in Ghana fairly reliable. I have sent a number of items to South Africa and none have arrived at their destinations. Letters are OK, but CD's in CD mailers seem to be favourite for thieving.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is post in Ghana fairly reliable. I have sent a number of items to South Africa and none have arrived at their destinations. Letters are OK, but CD's in CD mailers seem to be favourite for thieving.
It's true, thieving used to be the norm. I had some few things sent out a couple of years ago including a bike computer and I got it! I was amazed, I think they have tightened up on it. Thank god for DHL, you can rely on them, cast iron guaranteed. Can be pricey though, £300 for a bike, but I can save that on the VAT if I spend enough.

[QUOTE 3346707, member: 259"]Welcome to the world of Schnap, Crackle und Pop! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
Thanks Mort but i know all about that, i used a pair on my mtb last winter but i sold that and the tyres so i bought some 700s for the hybrid, so i can look forward to plenty more noisy commutes!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
A certain German on line musical instrument store is up there with bike-discount.de on my list of 'why bother buying from anywhere else?'
Thomann.de - Grumpy G ?

Got 2 Epiphone bass guitars + 1 Takamine acoustic that were rare & hard to find from them & at a good price too.

Seems the Germans are better at everything retail/customer service/automotive engineering etc.

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I always check Evans competitors for the price match that they offer. You will normally find the item cheaper at one of their rivals. If you are not desperate and have a couple of days, submit the price match application.
If the item is too big to fit through the letter box, (which is not cases) I opt for the instore free delivery and then go and collect. The best of both worlds, often cheaper elsewhere and then free delivery to the local store.
Hiya Choo Choo.

Do Evans price match overseas retailers like bike discount.de or bike24 etc do you know ?

Could be handy for the click & collect stealth cycle purchases a Dragons Fire avoidance :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thomann.de - Grumpy G ?

Got 2 Epiphone bass guitars + 1 Takamine acoustic that were rare & hard to find from them & at a good price too.

Seems the Germans are better at everything retail/customer service/automotive engineering etc.
Thomann is the mutts nuts.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Does anyone have a link to the English language version of the site? I'm sure it exists.

Top Bottom