bike envy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
i started road cycling this year and was almost bought the trek 1.5 on finance from evans unfortunately they told me to call back the next day, so in a moment of stupidity (sensibility) i bought a triban 3.

I had earmarked the 1.5 for next year as its about the cheapest about for 64cm frame.
one of my main riding buddies went to his lbs today and bought it!!!! how bloody rude! i cannot buy it now. gonna have to hunt something new out. i could just upgrade my triban with wheels and a groupset but its not as pretty.

i now need to find a new friend too.....

Cyclist33

The sheer nerve of it!!

I thought the triban 3 looked great. A great pair of wheels and a pro chain set and gears, and you'll be flying.

Zakalwe

Nah, I'd leave as is and just enjoy riding it. Then think about the next bike, what frame material, what ride position, groupset, finishing kit and all the rest of it. The minimum number of bikes you should have, or be aiming to have, is o course 3. And I don't see the point upgrading and new bike that came with perfectly functional components, buy a frameset for that kind of thing.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

i am seriously considering the upgrade route, im the best part of 20 stone(and 6'8) so and broke a spoke the other day, they will fix them under waranty no problem but would be nice to have a set of fulcrums or similar.

but for the cost of a decent set of wheels and a tiagra or 105 groupset i could get a 64cm cube with similar for not much more.....

oh cycling is a foul beast and my wedding next year is getting in the way of my cycling saving fund, currently at £0

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

If you've got a dream bike I'd say go for it. Life's to short eh. The only problem I have is there's too many dream bikes.

to be fair not a dream bike just about the cheapest i can find in the 64cm frame i need

vickster

Legendary Member
Keep with the Triban over the winter, try to save and then buy yourself a nice wedding present in the spring :smile:

Top Bottom