Bike Eye, worth having - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I used one for quite some time. I really liked the size of it and how stable and adjustable it was. A while ago I knocked the ball-joint thing out of the bar-end plug and I could never get it back in again! in the end I lost part of it, I'll probably find it at the back of the shed one day.
I did exactly the same thing. Bike fell over and the ball joint popped out. I spent an age trying to reinsert it, mirror left in sun to heat up, ball joint in freezer no luck. I ended up mounting it in a bench vice with soft jaws and carefully applied pressure.
Did it work? No, the glass cracked so I purchased a new one.

I don't like bike mounted mirrors as they can only see what the bikes orientation allows so I wear one on the arm of my bike glasses. The mirror is set so I can just see my shoulder and ear (for reference) then I just move my head to see pretty much anywhere I want to the rear. The side the mirror is mounted is related to your dominant eye and so could be on the left which may seem odd in UK, but my right side mounted mirror is fine in foreign lands.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I used one for quite some time. I really liked the size of it and how stable and adjustable it was. A while ago I knocked the ball-joint thing out of the bar-end plug and I could never get it back in again! in the end I lost part of it, I'll probably find it at the back of the shed one day.

I feel I should update this post. I was looking for a part from an X-ray machine today- a little clamp screw- which I thought was on my desk at work. Couldn't find it so resorted to looking on the floor under my desk and... I found the other part of my mirror.

potsy

Rambler
I'm a pro mirror user but didn't find the Bike Eye that good due to having to move your leg out of the way to be able to see anything.
Zefal Spy is my current one, small and unobtrusive, lets you keep a constant check on what's behind with just the merest glimpse down.
Always shoulder check too though if you are going to do any manoeuvre :okay:

Top Bottom