Bike Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Surely if one was able to touch the floor while in the saddle either the pedals would be on the floor or the legs would never straighten at any point of rotation?

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
Surely if one was able to touch the floor while in the saddle either the pedals would be on the floor or the legs would never straighten at any point of rotation?

Your point is true. But my last experience of being fitted for a bike was when I was 12 and I was then told that the correct fit was being able to touch the ground on both sides when standing on tiptoes. I have used that method for the last 40 years so the correct fit is something of a revelation! Hence my confusion.

eevvee

Sounds like you're on the right track, good luck with the saddle height. You still may have to fine tune your saddle angle for comfort, but this will be a good start.

Can you expand on the fine tuning of saddle angle - what impact/benefits results from different saddle angles?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Greater comfort mainly. Most people start with the saddle level, but many wind up with it a little nose up or down, however it feels best on the bicycle . The fine tuning is done to accommodate the bum, legs, and various bits around there, all of which can raise a ruckus on a longer ride if not given the appropriate angle to the bicycle. Chafing and soreness only get worse as the ride goes on, so it's best to get perch issues resolved .

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
First proper run out with the new fit:

PB 10miles
PB 20km
PB 1 hour

Hard to attribute this to the much improved fit but...

Next I need to investigate the forward/rear positioning.

Top Bottom