Bike fitment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jwkiss0

I am looking at a specialized crossroads bike. Found one in my area at a good price. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam and maybe a 32.5-32.75 standover height (at least as best I can measure). Would the XL frame be too big for me? It looks like the top tube height is listed at 32.7". What else should I look at to know if it is a good fit? Going to go look at it today.I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's going to be close
So go and see it and if possible give it a ride and see how comfortable it feels.
Make sure you have the ability to raise or lower the seat height

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Don't forget that in the real world, you don't ride bikes wearing just your socks, so the thickness of the soles of your footwear will probably give you a good extra half an inch of effective inside leg length. The standover height will probably fall into the "it's OK, but you'll have to be careful dismounting" category. However, you also need to ensure that the reach to the bars is not excessive. Being a steel-riding dinosaur, I favour big frames by modern standards, but even so I like to feel that I'm the one in charge of the bike rather than the other way round. For example, although I can physically ride a traditional 25" road frame, I find them just too unwieldy and too stretched out to be enjoyable to ride. That would be the old-school equivalent of a modern XL frame. I'm almost the same size as the OP but my legs are longer, and I generally ride 23 1/2" steel frames, which would equate to an L in modern parlance.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Looking at the sizing chart on their website (click) for the current model large should work, just. For sure models evolve so the one you are looking at may differ, although it will probably similar interms of sizing. Fortunately a bike like a Crosstrail is very bike fit friendly, if possible 'try it before you buy it' always preferable.

49897007678_f2843d44b4_b.jpg

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Top Bottom