Bike Hire - Maiori, Amalfi, Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I need to try and sort a road bike out for a few spins in Maiori

Google search just throws up http://www.rentalbikeitaly.com/2012/08/road-bike-for-rent-in-maiori-amalfi.html which looks like alot of hassle and gives me no info about the bikes.

Some of the hotels hire bikes but they give no details.

Going July 31 - 7 August 2017.

Anyone got any leads ?

Short answer right now is no. I was there four years ago and it's tiny, I don't recall seeing any cycle or cycle hire shop there. Why not send an enquiry to the folk at Veloce and see what they say? It's unlikely you'll get anything other than a 3-speed, basket-equipped bike from a hotel.

Aside from all that, the area is very popular with roadies forever chainganging along the steep and winding coast road - beautiful scenery.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Short answer right now is no. I was there four years ago and it's tiny, I don't recall seeing any cycle or cycle hire shop there. Why not send an enquiry to the folk at Veloce and see what they say? It's unlikely you'll get anything other than a 3-speed, basket-equipped bike from a hotel.

Aside from all that, the area is very popular with roadies forever chainganging along the steep and winding coast road - beautiful scenery.
OK, thanks

glasgowcyclist

I'm guessing you want to look like this...

maiori1.jpg

...or like this...

maiori2.jpg

... and not this >>>

maiori3.jpg

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I hope Maiori is not a complete dump (compared to all the other quaint coastal villages etc).
My wife got a great deal on a weeks stay.

glasgowcyclist

I hope Maiori is not a complete dump (compared to all the other quaint coastal villages etc).
My wife got a great deal on a weeks stay.

I wouldn't say it was anything near a dump, it's very small, not full of touristy tat, but plenty of places to eat out.

Which hotel are you staying in?

Top Bottom