Bike ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruffers

Veteran
Hi,

Can anyone help with the age or model of this bike?
Seller isn’t sure on either.

Thanks

Attachments

• 322DC08A-8199-43EC-A0D0-B00CC23A1908.png
    322DC08A-8199-43EC-A0D0-B00CC23A1908.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 36

jahlive905

Looks like...a pinnacle.

Drago

Legendary Member
Pinnacle Dolomite, though I don't know which level of spec (possibly a 4 with an FSA crank). Cable routing and decals suggest c.6 years old or less. Decent machines, often overlooked by brand snobs, which is their loss - I have an older model, and the frame is a re-decaled Kinesis, and no one gets snobbish about Kinesis. Go figure.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
If the seller is the original owner I'd expect them to be able to get the receipt from Evans as above (and I'd not buy if they were unwilling to do so)

OP
OP
ruffers

ruffers

Veteran
I would put money on 2014 Dolomite 4. https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-dolomite-four-2015-road-bike-EV207287

I have the 2017 Dolomite 6 and it is a cracking bike, especially for winter.

Thanks for that. Been looking at buying it. It’s going for £120.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds a good price but check its provenance with the owner. £120 on a stolen bike isn’t such a great deal

Pinnacle Dolomite, though I don't know which level of spec (possibly a 4 with an FSA crank). Cable routing and decals suggest c.6 years old or less. Decent machines, often overlooked by brand snobs, which is their loss - I have an older model, and the frame is a re-decaled Kinesis, and no one gets snobbish about Kinesis. Go figure.
Agreed, fairly good bikes

My CX bike is a Pinnacle (pre-discs), & worked well for the races I did
With one exception..............
Whoever designed/spec'd it never had a puncture during a race, as the chosen brakes didn't allow for a fully inflated tyre to be inserted (front or rear)

Other than that, it's a good bike

Top Bottom