Bike Jackers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Few instances round here where they have just pulled up along someone riding and then pushed them off

Drago

Legendary Member
Few instances round here where they have just pulled up along someone riding and then pushed them off

If that looks likely, best to dismount.

You're at positional disadvantage when astride a bike (unless a route is openmfor you to pedal away sharpish), and when dismounted the bike itself can be used as a shield or weapon. I used to teach that stuff.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Mature. I'll take that as you conceding that you have no training, experience, or expertise on the subject, and are thus unable to produce a reasoned critical response, so resorted to childish petulance instead.

If that is how you want to interpret that. 🤡😘

Reactions: C R

Jody

Stubborn git
If that looks likely, best to dismount.

You're at positional disadvantage when astride a bike (unless a route is openmfor you to pedal away sharpish), and when dismounted the bike itself can be used as a shield or weapon. I used to teach that stuff.

Riding along an A road and didn't have time to react. The one I remember was in his late 60's, left injured and the bike shoved in the back of their car.

Alex321

Veteran
A £15000 Pinarello Dogma?! I thought they were 5k max :sad:

Also, the guy with the 15k Dogma was able just to through his bike into a car via the door. There's no chance of that.

https://www.thebicyclelounge.co.uk/pinarello-dogma-f-disk-ultegra-di2-disc-road-bike/

£10k, and that is with Ultegra rather than Di2, and probably could get more expensive wheels.

Or https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Pi...-R9270-Fulcrum-Speed-Lite-Disc-Road-Bike/UKYQ
£12.4K

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Had a dodgy looking 2-up in balaclavas last month in Leeds come along-side me. I commute through a rough area and have had to sprint away from mopeds a couple of times. This occasion they were on a Sur-Ron e-motorbike.

They looked the bike up and down and accelerated off. I'm guessing they were hoping it was an e-bike or high end. Nope. It's my Merida Cyclo-Cross which, from memory, was about as filthy as usual.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There is no other way of reading it.

You do realise Drago is an ex police officer? He DOES have training and expertise in this sort of thing.

I do.

But I have had self defense training myself for a number of years from a very experienced practitioner 30+ years and the first lesson you are taught is that you should avoid confrontation wherever possible. Walk away and under no circumstances should you try to hold onto things if someone is aiming to rob you of them with potential violence. The consequences are far too severe. The friend of my family did and paid the ultimate price.
Willy waving on an internet forum is exactly that imho. That is why I am not going to engage in a I know more than anyone else I am stronger than you type of exchange.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Had a dodgy looking 2-up in balaclavas last month in Leeds come along-side me. I commute through a rough area and have had to sprint away from mopeds a couple of times. This occasion they were on a Sur-Ron e-motorbike.

They looked the bike up and down and accelerated off. I'm guessing they were hoping it was an e-bike or high end. Nope. It's my Merida Cyclo-Cross which, from memory, was about as filthy as usual.

E-bikes are a big target. They appear to be the vehicle of choice round here by street chemists.

Top Bottom