Bike Jackers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru

> where high-end bikes are difficult to obtain due to sanctions.

Are they difficult to obtain because sanctions forbid the sale of high end bicycles? Because that seems absurd.

Reactions: C R

Drago

Legendary Member
A friend of the family did that. He died...

Done it once about 20 years back when three ne'er do wells tried to relieve me of £300 I'd just withdrawn from a cashpoint.

I lived.

Done it once, will do it again. I'm built like saquatch with 30 years of training to go with it. Unless they're very seriousy tooled up and actually show me the weapon I won't ever back down.

I double effing dare them...

1000002968.jpg

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Done it once about 20 years back when three ne'er do wells tried to relieve me of £300 I'd just withdrawn from a cashpoint.

I lived.

Done it once, will do it again. I'm built like saquatch with 30 years of training to go with it. Unless they're very seriousy tooled up and actually show me the weapon I won't ever back down.

I double effing dare them...

View attachment 722323

He was a young very fit guy with a glittering future ahead of him. Unfortunately a knife in his heart meant that was irrelevant. Both of the murderers are likely to be released in the next year or two.

Sorry but from my point of view bravado is at best misguided and potentially dangerous. At worst it can be fatal.

Drago

Legendary Member
He was a young very fit guy with a glittering future ahead of him. Unfortunately a knife in his heart meant that was irrelevant. Both of the murderers are likely to be released in the next year or two.

Sorry but from my point of view bravado is at best misguided and potentially dangerous. At worst it can be fatal.

My point of view is based upon tactical training and experience you don't possess. Your point of view is based on no known expertise whatsoever, although to your credit that's probably the position to take if you don't know what you're doing.

I know  exactly how far I can or cant push a situation, I understand impact factors, defensive tactics, reactionary times and space, groundkicking, standing tall, target acquisition glances, chin or brow lowering, the psychology and physiology of conflict, and many other things you do not.

I'm not suicidal, if they're waving a gun or a panga about they can have the bike. However, simply threatening the use of a weapon without producing it ain't going to cut it for them - it means they either don't have a weapon, or are reluctant to even produce it, which puts them at tactical disadvantage to me.

If they're stupid enough to get inside my arc without a weapon in their actual hand (again, if they do have a weapon in their hand they can have it) then it's them off to hospital, not me. Fists or a kicking don't worry me at all, and that's all the guy in the news piece faced. Well, he may be happy to take a kicking, I'm not.

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My point of view is based upon tactical training and experience you don't possess. Your point of view is based on no known expertise whatsoever, although to your credit that's probably the position to take if you don't know what you're doing.

I know  exactly how far I can or cant push a situation, I understand impact factors, defensive tactics, reactionary times and space, groundkicking, standing tall, target acquisition glances, chin or brow lowering, the psychology and physiology of conflict, and many other things you do not.

I'm not suicidal, if they're waving a gun or a panga about they can have the bike. However, simply threatening the use of a weapon without producing it ain't going to cut it for them - it means they either don't have a weapon, or are reluctant to even produce it, which puts them at tactical disadvantage to me.

If they're stupid enough to get inside my arc without a weapon in their actual hand (again, if they do have a weapon in their hand they can have it) then it's them off to hospital, not me. Fists or a kicking don't worry me at all, and that's all the guy in the news piece faced. Well, he may be happy to take a kicking, I'm not.

Whatever.

Sixmile

Veteran
A £15000 Pinarello Dogma?! I thought they were 5k max :sad:

Also, the guy with the 15k Dogma was able just to through his bike into a car via the door. There's no chance of that.

Top Bottom