Bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GfromHull

Can anyone recommend a rear light that is waterproof, just bought a set from chain reaction (I know they dont sell crap) and first time out the rear one gets full of water. This would be my 3rd set of rear lights, made the mistake of buy from eBay.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've always just smeared a bit of vaseline around the seal of the regular Smart Lunar 1/2 watts, and never had an issue, but I've read the Smart R2 is somewhat more weatherproof, so that might suit ?

Davidc

Guru
Vaseline will work, silicone grease is even better. Use either - not just on rear lights also on anything thats electrical and has any means for liquid to get in. That way all lights are waterproof.

I just use a tiny smear of silicone grease round the joint and have twice had a Smart rear lighht (notorious for water problems) carry on flashing while underwater in a puddle, then carry on working on the bike after being rescued.

Shows I'm silly - it was the same puddle in the same place but on different days - one of my usual parking spots, where I seem to regularly drop things as I take them off the bike while it's left.

Top Bottom