Bike price hikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Apart from the other EU trading and cost reasons, this is a really silly time of the year to buy a bike anyway. It's getting warmer, demand is kicking in....
Always buy your new bike between September to December. If you're selling, then now until summer is your time to maximise a profit.

vickster

Legendary Member
How are haircuts holding up pricewise?
I don't think @Drago would know :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
My eldest Daughter owns a barbers - sorry, Gents Stylists - shop, and her new Porker Cayenne suggests to me haircut prices are quite buoyant. When things were in the doldrums she had to rough it with a used Maserati.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is this happening to bikes across the price spectrum? I have to say I'm less concerned about a £500 rise in a £5k bike, than I would be a £50 rise in a £500 bike. We're talking luxury goods here.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I blame it on the boogie !

Go to Home Bargains you can get a large tube of Colgate for a pound and Sainsburys does their own brand for 35p,Dont pay more than you have to.http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-toothpaste--basics-75ml
Yes i reckon toothpaste was sorted before man landed on the moon. It amazes me the price folk pay for some of the branded stuff. Same with moisturiser. The simplicity of that was highlighted by the chap who wrote the book on dodgy science and science reporting.

screenman

Legendary Member
What surprised me was said bike was sat in a bike shop with a £5k price tag. The next day somebody went over to it and scrubbed that price out and wrote £5550 instead.

No point in selling something for less than it will cost you to replace it. Maybe there was an offer on it, maybe the shops overheads went up. Sorry to say but price increases are something we are going to have to get very used to.

Top Bottom