Bike price hikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
No, I thought the supplier paid them.

And please save us from another lecture on the cost of doing business, although I doubt you will.

On any view, a £3.5K bike - even with a Rohloff hub - has a huge margin in it especially as direct sale.

If there isn't, Shand is doing something wrong.

Of course, they can charge what they like.

If they can get £4K for the same bike, good luck to them.

Trebles all round at Shand Towers, or it should be.

Please do not tell me what I should and should not write.

Please explain why Shand is doing something wrong if they do not havea huge margin?

JCroxton1

Exactly why buying old-model stock is so underrated. Much lower depreciation, much cheaper prices, and usually just as good a bike. Case in point, my LBS has a Trek Emonda SLR sale on at the moment. Formerly £9000 for the SLR10, equivalent 2017 bike is £9700, now available at £6000 or finance at £39pw apparently. Now to dig down the back of the sofa...!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Exactly why buying old-model stock is so underrated. Much lower depreciation, much cheaper prices, and usually just as good a bike. Case in point, my LBS has a Trek Emonda SLR sale on at the moment. Formerly £9000 for the SLR10, equivalent 2017 bike is £9700, now available at £6000 or finance at £39pw apparently. Now to dig down the back of the sofa...!

Makes Shand look cheap.

I do not get this wait for a bargain idea, we do not know what tomorrow will bring.
You've never bought anything in a sale? Or thought, i don't need whatever RIGHT NOW, I'll wait for the sales?

Spesh Sequoia Elite has just gone up from £1500 to £1750 in one mighty bound!
same maths as this
A year ago, a pound was worth $US1.42, now it's $1.25.

So a £5000 would have returned the US company $7,100. Now £5550 is only worth $6,940. So it's actually a little cheaper.
£1500 a year ago, that was $US2,130. Now £1750 is $US2,187.5 - so they are making a little on the markup.

But still. The pound has lost value. Prices of imported items are going to rise. On the upside, things we sell will be cheaper so more people overseas will buy them. What do we sell again? Ok, I know the answer. A lot of services. Sadly, many of those are in banking which we will shortly lose when we leave the EU :sad:

(I'm reporting this post, so it can be deleted if it is too political)

Top Bottom