Bike price hikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
If they haven't bought it then they will already have agreed an invoice price. They're not supplied on a 'take it now, we'll make up a price later' basis.

Good point, so revert back to what they have to pay to replace it.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Won't somebody think of the children?!

gsch10036_7_OI.jpg

Not the moonlight. You can't take Tarmac out after dark. That would involve spoiling it's pure lines with a light. Or anything that you can't shove in a jersey pocket.

Blame it on the sunshine.

I remember being in. bike shop when a group came in to pick up a nice racing bike

They were going to take it out on a group run to christen it

Said bike is wheeled out with selectors and a bell

Much hilarity ensues as the shop assistant refuses to remove them as they are "required by law" and have to be kept on until bike leaves shop

(They did remove them outside the shop though )

I'd love to know how that stuff is substantially different to any other tooth paste/gunk.

More sugar usually..............

Had another look at that bike.

It is possible that I may have seen something like it/even picked it up in a high end shop near Romford.

The Spesh I did pick up was of course an amazing bit of work/design/manufacture so I can admire that, but note that write-up - "if you are obsessed with marginal gains" - trouble is I can see that if you are that obsessed with "marginal gains" at an amateur fun level I can see you looking a bit daft if you perform anything less than spectacularly. For it's hardly a bike for pootling/smelling the roses on.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4696027, member: 9609"]anyone daft enough to spend 5K on a push bike is daft enough to part with another 550. Heck, if i were the shop keeper I would claim frictionless B567 bearings and made it 6

anyhows, looks like it is still available at 5K
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S...Tarmac+Pro&tbm=shop&*&spd=5215472837339070279
only 11 gears and doesnt appear to come with pedals and the chain looks a bit slack[/QUOTE]

Funny how only daft people have that sort of money to spend on a bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
Shand look like excellent high-end bikes to me, but that's a rather moaning post blaming anything other than themselves for price increases.

If they can't make money from charging £3K plus for a bicycle, they ought to have a hard look at the way they do business.

Do you think they get the bikes for free.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do you think they get the bikes for free.

No, I thought the supplier paid them.

And please save us from another lecture on the cost of doing business, although I doubt you will.

On any view, a £3.5K bike - even with a Rohloff hub - has a huge margin in it especially as direct sale.

If there isn't, Shand is doing something wrong.

Of course, they can charge what they like.

If they can get £4K for the same bike, good luck to them.

Trebles all round at Shand Towers, or it should be.

Top Bottom