Bike rack spaces

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I also find it annoying when there is eight spaces, and the only other commuter on the day moves your rear wheel, and squeezes their bike in next you yours.

And i find it annoying, but I accept it, when someone parks their bike carrier behind the bikes in the locked shed.

And when the student TV station park their cargo trike in there.

I have a few more Shed Gripes

screenman

Legendary Member
Never had a job where there have been bike sheds, in fact I have not had a job for the past 42+ years.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Used to happen where I work, then they moved to allocated spaces, of which mine is number 8 and expanded the number of racks to encroach into parking bays.
Supposed to be pass only access, as it is part of a car park under the building, so you will get bollocked by security if you are caught on camera tailgating to get access and will get similar treatment if you use someone else's space. And your space is supposed to be taken off you if there isn't a valid reason for regular non use, but I don't know hard that is enforced.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mrs 26 sometimes hangs her bike in my spot in the garage. I get my own back by using hers (as it's empty) :laugh:

And don't get me started on those absolute savages who can't fill the racks properly, and by that I mean alternating bars-in/saddle-in/bars-in etc.
Gets me so angry I could crush a grape.
Grrrr, leaving oily chain to brush your trouser legs on. What kind of moron stands on the transmission side of the bike when parking?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Grrrr, leaving oily chain to brush your trouser legs on. What kind of moron stands on the transmission side of the bike when parking?

Our racks are so tight together that you can't stand beside the bike, you have to thread it into the narrow gap available, which is barely wider than the pedals.

Top Bottom