Bike rack spaces

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
You know that when cars become extinct, we’re just going to end up sounding like motons. Evolution. Metamorphosis. Can’t decide.

But to add my moan to the mix: I’ve had some chinless wonder padlock his/her bike to mine. Tonsil.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
As of last week mine gets a locker all to itself.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My work's built a second bike storage area at the far end of the underground car park. It's 30 seconds away from the existing one. Hardly anyone uses it, preferring to squeeze into the current one near the door/lift. Perfect place for me. And my spare bikes ^_^

Must admit there is one employee who keeps 2 bikes at work but one of them hasn't been ridden for about a year

Don't you find it annoying when a fair weather cyclist pinches your regular space in the work provided racks :angry:
It’s ‘noddergeddon’ soon. Allez man will be dusting off his hockey socks and *insert name of rugby club* pussy patrol 1997, rugby shirt, putting his peaked crash hat on ( back to front porobably), and parking his bike across 3 racks.

postman

Legendary Member
In a flat in Edinburgh,someone has got their hands on one piece of steel fencing,like you see near the end of a Tour de France race,wonderful to put a wheel in.Well it would have been if some numpty had not put their bike ACROSS it .i say no more.

gaijintendo

Veteran
You know that when cars become extinct, we’re just going to end up sounding like motons. Evolution. Metamorphosis. Can’t decide.

But to add my moan to the mix: I’ve had some chinless wonder padlock his/her bike to mine. Tonsil.

That is a well established step one for nicking someone's bike...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That is a well established step one for nicking someone's bike...
You've at least two good alternatives, depending on how nefarious you think it is and how tough their lock is:
1. lock their bike up as well as yours, put a note on it saying you're nearby (even if you're not) and asking them to call your mobile to be unlocked;
2. bust their lock. If their bike gets nicked before they return, it's their own silly fault for not locking it up properly. If you want to be really kind, lock their bike up with your lock and put a note on it asking them to call your mobile to be unlocked. If it's somewhere with a reception desk or gate or similar, ask if they'll keep the key, do the unlock and keep the lock until you can collect it.

Part of the reason why I tend to put my bikes on their prop stand, rather than leaning against a parking rack is it reduces the chance of someone accidentally going around my frame as well as the rack.

(edited to remove quotes from accidentally - what was I thinking? :wacko: )

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Our racks are so tight together that you can't stand beside the bike, you have to thread it into the narrow gap available, which is barely wider than the pedals.

I checked this this morning. It's not possible to wheel a bike between the stands while the cranks are vertical, so the gap is actually narrower than I thought.

Top Bottom