Bike repair stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray316

Über Member
l have seen a bike repair stand at £19.99 and don't know if the stand or a wall mounted one would be better.
So l'm asking folks what have them what would you prefer, also where else to look for them .
I suppose with the right materials you could make one, anyone done this..

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
What I prefer (or value) is a good grip on the bike, a good working height, and above all else, stability.

I have the Bikehut / Halfords one which is currently 40 quid, but it has all of the above, and it's sometimes on offer at 25 quid. I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone has fabricated one for less than 40 pounds.

Pumpman

Stand or wall mounted? I think that depends on the space you have available and how/where you will use it.
I have a free-standing one and I am pleased with it. I like having access to both sides of the bike. I don't think a wall-mounted one would give me that access. I also like the flexibility to work in the garage when it is dark or rainy and to work outside in good weather.
The price sounds like a bargain. it will probably not be as sturdy as the more expensive ones - but probably sturdy enough for home use.

OP
OP
R

ray316

Über Member
Had a look on line at Lidl and Aldi do one also..
Have also seen some on Amazon , they are wall mounted and at a decent price so undecided.
Also seen some make some wall mounted on you tube that look ok, but not sure if it would be cheaper having to buy the materials to make one...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ceiling-mounted :smile:

I do have a couple of floor stands too. One sort is basically too low for anything but short jobs and the higher one is too prone to falling and/or getting walked into.

porteous

Veteran
l have seen a bike repair stand at £19.99 and don't know if the stand or a wall mounted one would be better.
So l'm asking folks what have them what would you prefer, also where else to look for them .
I suppose with the right materials you could make one, anyone done this..
Malvern Link Lidl had a bin full of repair stands at about £25 yesterday evening. I have used one for 7 years and found it excellent value!

Top Bottom