Bike shed recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I can only recommend that you do not buy one of these at £183:

http://www.diy.com/departments/7x3-shiplap-wooden-bike-store/537196_BQ.prd

It is designed to fail, with the roof unable to support its own weight the door frame bows and the doors can never be shut properly.

The roofing felt failed in the first winter.

It is not secured to its own base, so provides no security.

On the plus side...well, there is no plus side.

If you want a wooden one, build it yourself even though it costs twice as much.

GravityFighter

Über Member
We had this problem about a year ago. In the end we bought the two bike store from Asgard:

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/twin-bike-locker

No, it's not cheap, but it's a good quality item. No joins / bolts / obvious weak points on show anywhere and the lock seems to be of good, solid construction. Delivery and assembly was swift and accessing the bikes takes all of two seconds: unlock, wheel them out, lock it again. There is ample room for helmets, the track pump and a few spares too.

I don't doubt a really determined thief could get in, but as someone said above it's about making yourself less of a target.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I bought a larger version of this ..
http://www.mygreenerhome.co.uk/inde...=export_feed&gclid=CJ69so-cjccCFYoEwwodpQ0Aeg
I added ground anchors through the floor with motorbike chains and added extra layer of wood on the inside on all the walls /roof wired for alarms, extra lock and out of sight from road , next to neighbours fence and shes always in overlooking neighbor is a friend of the wife , TBH i spent as much as i would have spent on an asgard store in the end ( i will be buying one next time ) but even as standard its better than a normal wooden shed with the security screws you cant undo from outside and the padlock is hidden from view by a cover so its hard to get a cropper on it.

OP
OP
W

Warrenb

I can only recommend that you do not buy one of these at £183:

http://www.diy.com/departments/7x3-shiplap-wooden-bike-store/537196_BQ.prd

It is designed to fail, with the roof unable to support its own weight the door frame bows and the doors can never be shut properly.

The roofing felt failed in the first winter.

It is not secured to its own base, so provides no security.

On the plus side...well, there is no plus side.

If you want a wooden one, build it yourself even though it costs twice as much.
Off the list Tin Pot

OP
OP
W

Warrenb

We had this problem about a year ago. In the end we bought the two bike store from Asgard:

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/twin-bike-locker

No, it's not cheap, but it's a good quality item. No joins / bolts / obvious weak points on show anywhere and the lock seems to be of good, solid construction. Delivery and assembly was swift and accessing the bikes takes all of two seconds: unlock, wheel them out, lock it again. There is ample room for helmets, the track pump and a few spares too.

I don't doubt a really determined thief could get in, but as someone said above it's about making yourself less of a target.
Asgard seems to be a popular choice. Not particularly handy myself so swift assembly is a bonus

vickster

Legendary Member
Asgard seems to be a popular choice. Not particularly handy myself so swift assembly is a bonus
Mine was built in about an hour (4x29er version), faultless service. You do need a flat concrete base. I had to have one installed. They do have a reasonable waiting time as I think the units are built to order

Not cheap, it probably cost me a grand in total but cheaper than moving to a house with a garage!

Mike_P

Guru
Getting a bit fed up of the bike being in the 6x4 shed, tends to be a bit of fight to get it out without taking a lot of the contents of the shed with it so have been looking for a small shed just for the bike which could then accommodate another bike as well. The 2 bike Asgard store seems to tick all the boxes even if a bit ££, but having read the instructions it for some reason has to be a 1m from a wall - anyway know why as I would want to put it in the corner of the patio which is dug into raised land such that there would be 0.6m high walls alongside.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Getting a bit fed up of the bike being in the 6x4 shed, tends to be a bit of fight to get it out without taking a lot of the contents of the shed with it so have been looking for a small shed just for the bike which could then accommodate another bike as well. The 2 bike Asgard store seems to tick all the boxes even if a bit ££, but having read the instructions it for some reason has to be a 1m from a wall - anyway know why as I would want to put it in the corner of the patio which is dug into raised land such that there would be 0.6m high walls alongside.
Are you sure that isn't 1m from a boundary wall at the front of a house for it not to contravene building regs.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
How are you with diy, you could build one using concrete blocks for not a lot of money.:okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it how the lid lifts? Or doors as said. I have the 4x29er one. Top piece of kit

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Do you really need a shed. Have you considered a storage box instead?

You could make something very solid for £200.

Top Bottom