Bike shoes and Clip on pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, im going to organise(well, say a day when im going when other people can) and get you there so i can laugh at you as you show how your not a serious cyclist at all........
hmm...dunno, i don't generally do track or racing at all for that matter but i might have a go if you want. As long it's recently been mown, and there aren't any oldies waiting to bowl.
Joe24 said:
Are you sure you were in Forest Town?
i ride through there, i was stopped at the forest town traffic lights at the cross roads for old mill lane going through forest town towards mansfield, i.e. from clipstone towards ravensdale, and i could plainly see the thing to the left before the traffic lights was clearly a crown green bowls pitch. Couldn't see any cycling track...
it's a bowls pitch mate i'm telling you :biggrin:;)

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Well Bonj, if i go somewhere and theres not a wall, then im not sure how ive got there without going from home, where there is a wall, because i live in a house.....

you set off from your house which has got a wall, but what if there isn't a wall at your destination, do you just circle round like a plane waiting to land?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
you set off from your house which has got a wall, but what if there isn't a wall at your destination, do you just circle round like a plane waiting to land?

But Bonj, if theres nothing there, why would i be going there:wacko:

The track is pretty much just open for use, and aslong as theres no football on you can go on it. It wont be a race, just some blasting around the track.
There should be some other people around the area interested aswell i think.
Which way were you going anyway? Its on your right, and if your coming down the road and its on your left, you cant really see it:wacko: You got the wrong thing Bonj.

bonj2

Joe24 said:

ah but what if there's something there but it isn't a building with walls - say, a campsite with tents? are you going to try and lean on a tent and keel over into it?

bonj2

Joe24 said:

The track is pretty much just open for use, and aslong as theres no football on you can go on it. It wont be a race, just some blasting around the track.
There should be some other people around the area interested aswell i think.
Which way were you going anyway? Its on your right, and if your coming down the road and its on your left, you cant really see it:wacko: You got the wrong thing Bonj.

i was going towards mansfield, i.e. the opposite way to which you'd be going to it if you were going from nottingham, but i've looked for it on the way home as well going the other way and can't see anything that looks like a cycling track... :biggrin:

Joe24

bonj said:
i was going towards mansfield, i.e. the opposite way to which you'd be going to it if you were going from nottingham, but i've looked for it on the way home as well going the other way and can't see anything that looks like a cycling track... :blush:

Not a serious enough cyclist then are you Bonj;)
A true serious cyclist will look at it and think, oh yes that the track. Where as non serious cyclist(such as yourself) will look at it and think, thats a concrete ring with a bowls green in the middle.
Peasent
;)

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Im getting SPD - SL pedals and shoes, but they are clipless.

The shoes are £109.
Pedals £40.

Joe24

gavintc said:
He had to get the shoes first.

Not my money, but £109 for growing feet seems a bit of an extravagance.

Does to me aswell.
My first shoes were something like £30. My 'good' shoes are about £50.
When i do know my feet wont grow anymore and i have money, then i might spend about £100 on shoes, but for a 12 year old to spend £109 on shoes..........

;):laugh::angry:

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Im doing 32 miles near enough everyday now after school.

On the 16th June im going down to a cycle club and speak to some people there.

The shoes are hopefully going to be a size bigger them my normal size.

And im 15.

Top Bottom