Bike shoes and Clip on pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

SPD - SL are the easiest pedals I've used. The heavy end drops down to accommodate a 'lead in'. Api sapis.
SPD are easier than rat traps which you had to flick with your toe and slip your shoe in - not every time.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Errrr, how does that work? You didnt read the 5 pages, posted something in that had already been discussed and put out, but said it again.
Is there much point to that? I mean, just going into a thread, not reading 5 pages because you couldnt be arsed, and putting something on that would of already been said.
Or, are you wanting to try and sound knowledgable or get your post count up, or both?

Basically, what happened - is that RR admitted that he couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, then prefixed a reply to me with "if you'd bothered to read the whole thread..." :ohmy:

bonj2

Rigid Raider said:
Here mate, no wonder you couldn't read his first post, you can't read my previous either; you obviously need to get some of these:

spectacles.jpg

:biggrin:
funny aren't yer :biggrin: :ohmy:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
No Bonj, you have that problem because you arent a serious enough cyclist.
Us serious cyclists get it the right way around nearly all the time. All you do is push off and put your foot straight on the pedal. The pushing off makes the pedal go flat(on the correct side to clip in) and allows you to clip right in.
SPD, however, wont flip around, so as ive found, you have to push the pedal around to clip in, which is more of a faff.
And, to go with this, my brother who has used SPD-SL to see how it feels, tried SPD last week and found it harder to clip in. Hes not a cyclist(hes a strange kayaker) and finds SPD-SL much easier.

nearly all the time - yes I used to be able to get it right NEARLY all the time Joe when I had them, but that wasn't quite good enough for me, with my speedplays i can get it right 100% of the time.

That said since i have been riding my fixie i have learnt the habit of clipping in while the pedal is on the way up, sitting down, whereas when i used to use SPD-SL I used to do half a stroke, then coast with the already clipped in foot at the bottom, trying to clip in with the other foot when it was at the top, which may not be the best method for SPD-SL,
(but the reason i used that method is it works fine for MTBing even when setting off on extremely uneven surfaces).

Although again, with speedplays either method works - the 'mtb' method if i'm on the geared bike and traffic is a bit slow to set off.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Stop being such a pussy Bonj and trackstand your fixed. Or are you affraid of looking like a tit and falling over?:smile:
Us serious cyclists can trackstand with ease, while the mear motals of fixed riders/boring old people unclip then clip back in.:sad:

Joe24

bonj said:
Basically, what happened - is that RR admitted that he couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, then prefixed a reply to me with "if you'd bothered to read the whole thread..." :smile:

Yes, i saw.
Your all underestimating CyclinSam anyway. Hes going to win the TDF very soon.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Stop being such a pussy Bonj and trackstand your fixed. Or are you affraid of looking like a tit and falling over?:smile:
Us serious cyclists can trackstand with ease, while the mear motals of fixed riders/boring old people unclip then clip back in.:sad:

no i just haven't got time to be bothered to learn.
Oh yeah and you know that thing in forest town that you think is a cycling track? I cycled through forest town yesterday and monday and on going past it, i discovered that what it actually is, is a CROWN GREEN BOWLS PITCH

bonj2

Joe24 said:

if there was a disadvantage to my pedals i could understand your argument for SPD-SL, but as you've admitted you only get it right nearly all the time, so that - by definition - isn't as good as ALL the time!

Joe24

bonj said:
no i just haven't got time to be bothered to learn.
Oh yeah and you know that thing in forest town that you think is a cycling track? I cycled through forest town yesterday and monday and on going past it, i discovered that what it actually is, is a CROWN GREEN BOWLS PITCH

No Bonj you dick. Its a track:biggrin:
Its pretty obvious its a track aswell.
Admit it Bonj, the reason you dont trackstand is because you cant and your too scared to learn. A serious cyclist would be able to do it.:blush:

Joe24

bonj said:
if there was a disadvantage to my pedals i could understand your argument for SPD-SL, but as you've admitted you only get it right nearly all the time, so that - by definition - isn't as good as ALL the time!

Well Bonj, going by since i got fixed, i can clip intop my pedals all the time. I clip in holding a wall, then clip out when i can get home. 100% sucess!!!!:blush:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
No Bonj you dick. Its a track:biggrin:
Its pretty obvious its a track aswell.
Admit it Bonj, the reason you dont trackstand is because you cant and your too scared to learn. A serious cyclist would be able to do it.:blush:

well, I don't know. It looks incredibly like a crown green bowls pitch from the road.
I presume some track cyclists were going to come and chuck off the dozen or so old fogeys who yesterday had decided to go and gently roll shiny balls down the middle of the 'cycling track' then were they :biggrin::biggrin:

edit: that website looks very old. It also claims the cycling track is 100 years old. It's just possible, that its use has since been converted.

Joe24

Bonj, im going to organise(well, say a day when im going when other people can) and get you there so i can laugh at you as you show how your not a serious cyclist at all........
Are you sure you were in Forest Town?
There is a football pitch in the middle of it, and a welfare club by the side of it, no bowls green though.
Converted? How? Theres a track league there at the moment, monday nights.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Well Bonj, going by since i got fixed, i can clip intop my pedals all the time. I clip in holding a wall, then clip out when i can get home. 100% sucess!!!!;)

What will you do if trackstanding is banned under the new tory government?
I dont' need a wall in order to set off.

What if you go somewhere where there isn't a wall?

Joe24

bonj said:
What will you do if trackstanding is banned under the new tory government?
I dont' need a wall in order to set off.

What if you go somewhere where there isn't a wall?

Well Bonj, if i go somewhere and theres not a wall, then im not sure how ive got there without going from home, where there is a wall, because i live in a house.....

Top Bottom