Bike shop servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Took my bike in to LBS just the other day to replace a broken spoke, was £20 for new spoke fitted and wheel trued, also thought may as well have a service as chain was rubbing on front derailleur, fixed spoke fine but wasnt impressed with service, still the same problem when i got the bike home (i dont think they adjusted much at all,just oiled the chain!) service was £24, anyway i watched a youtube video and did it myself, glad i did it myself now as i have learnt how its works and know how to adjust things if i need to in the future.

Possibly a case of user error! Eliminate that 1st!

The one thing i've found about those youtube vids is they never tell you whether tightening the screw increases or decreases the limit.

Look at what you are messing with, it won't take much to work it out!

inkd

It was Hargroves in Totton.
Same place I bought my Spesh Sirrus, my 1st service wasn't that great TBH, not that it required much just a slight adjustment on rear brake cable but they over tightened it causing a slight rub on the rear wheel. Got home and done it myself. I have been out to a few LBS lately and found Their Millbrook road branch more helpful. At least its all sorted now.

Top Bottom