Bike shops/manufacturers not replying to emails.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Why do some shops bother to have contact forms on their websites?

Sent two emails to one shop over a week ago (the second chasing the first) and have received no reply to my simple questions re a couple of bikes they have for sale.

Sent two emails to manufacturers as well - one replied virtually immediately but the other still hasn't one week on.

:wacko:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hit the twitter if you can, or call them. I guess businesses get spam which sometimes makes it hard to spot the genuine emails from the crap and getting someone to take responsibility for the inbox is a task in itself. Don't give up on them, give em a chance.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I emailed the DVLA via their "email the DVLA about licence renewals" page, a six page form where you have to fill out your licence number, date of birth, address etc. Reply promised within three days.

Dear Mr. KB,

Thank you for your enquiry received on 29/8/2017.

Unfortunately, due to the insecurity of the Internet we are unable to confirm the information needed via email.

For further assistance I would advise to contact us on:

0300 790 6806

Best Regards
D Evans

So that was a waste of time.

gbb

Legendary Member
Nothing new I'm afraid and it's not limited to LBSs. I occasionally use a manufacturers website if I don't have a more direct method to make an enquiry....i rarely ever get a response.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I emailed the DVLA via their "email the DVLA about licence renewals" page, a six page form where you have to fill out your licence number, date of birth, address etc. Reply promised within three days.

So that was a waste of time.
Insecurity of the Internet? Their inability to encrypt emails, more like!

Top Bottom