Bike shops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
You better change that rolled up tenner for a new one...
You're right of course. And no ziplok required in these modern times. Just the merest flick under a tap and it's brand new, ready to give succour to any poor veloiste gormless enough not to be carrying a shelf-ful of Halfordsiana in his back pocket.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You're right of course. And no ziplok required in these modern times. Just the merest flick under a tap and it's brand new, ready to give succour to any poor veloiste gormless enough not to be carrying a shelf-ful of Halfordsiana in his back pocket.
You take too many drugs .

Johnno260

Veteran
I couldn't sing the praises of my LBS enough.

They're friendly and helpful and I have dropped in multiple times with questions and issues and all sorted on the spot.

bpsmith

Veteran
I checked my wallet that I carry my phone in earlier. I forgot that I spent the fiver I usually carry and all that was left moneywise was a 20 Mexican Peso note which I keep in case I split a tyre. I wonder if that “bike shop” would accept that?

Reactions: mjr

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
screenman said:
£30 an hour is fine without overheads, rubbish if it costs a grand a week to open up.

Some business activity is profitable, some is only break-even at best. If you run a "walk in" operation you have to accept that some business is only marginally profitable. The payback on the less profitable stuff is goodwill plus dilution of overheads across more total revenue. An inner tube is not going to cost more than £2 wholesale, so any price higher than £2 is a profitable sale. I'd happily sell £2 tubes to punters at £5 each all day long!
From a purely profit prospective, my local pub would be just as well off if they only opened Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday lunchtimes as these are the times they make their money. During quiet times they will just about cover their wages & overheads but they open 7 days a week because the punters expect the facility to be there whenever they fancy a beer.

screenman

Legendary Member
Some business activity is profitable, some is only break-even at best. If you run a "walk in" operation you have to accept that some business is only marginally profitable. The payback on the less profitable stuff is goodwill plus dilution of overheads across more total revenue. An inner tube is not going to cost more than £2 wholesale, so any price higher than £2 is a profitable sale. I'd happily sell £2 tubes to punters at £5 each all day long!
From a purely profit prospective, my local pub would be just as well off if they only opened Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday lunchtimes as these are the times they make their money. During quiet times they will just about cover their wages & overheads but they open 7 days a week because the punters expect the facility to be there whenever they fancy a beer.

I agree with that, but you need to see what my reply was too.

Top Bottom