Bike size advice(again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cnb

Veteran
Hi.. Another bike size question ,Sorry, I'm thinking about buying a boardman cx.. Halfords don't have the different sizes to try and i was hoping someone out there can advise please.. I'm 5'8". . I did sit on the size m and it seemed a bit of a stretch

Muttley

Dunno if this helps but i'm 5.7 and i'm looking at buying the boardman team and i'm gonna get the small i've got a 31.5 inside leg..!!

Go onto the Van Nicholas site and enter all your dimensions. They'll give tell you what size oif their bike they recommend. Look at the frame measurements/angles and apply that to the boardman.

Alternatively, and a lot safer - ask around to see if anyone has one you can sit on.

Dilbert

I have a medium and it is 77.5 cm (30.5'') to the top of the top tube measured from the ground just forward of the bottom bracket. I am 5'10. I suspect you will need a small, go in and ask them to order one in for you.

I have had mine a week now and love it :biggrin: , absolutely ideal commuter bike. If you do get one here is how to fettle the brakes.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Small size mate .. at 50cm the frame should suit you perfect ... I rode a medium Boardman last week, stated as a 53 cm and although I ride a 54cm specialized with ease, the Boardman felt a little stretched out for me too, I know the Boardman wasn't set up for me, but I still noticed the difference.

Top Bottom