Bike Sprays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You wash bikes? Baby wipes to get the dust/dirt off and be done with it

This.

WD40 is usually good enough for lubing cables and pivots. Thick grease for bearings and chain lube for, rather bizarrely, your chain. I use ACF50 on areas prone to rusting, mostly used on my motorcycle. I also use chain cleaner on my bicycle chains if they are particularly filthy along with wet wipes.

Drago

Legendary Member
And which is better for a quick squirt to lube the derailleurs/brake mech?

Rock Oil Maintenance spray. Light enough to be a decent penetrant, heavy enough to make a meaningful performing lubricant. Superb anti corrosion properties too.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
You wash bikes? Baby wipes to get the dust/dirt off and be done with it

I actually enjoy it. And a sponge, stiff brushes and water has got to be miles quicker and give a better clean around rims, spokes and cassette, surely?

Don't rely on it its not that good as it is mainly solvent and propellant, it doesn't leave much lube left when all that's gone
Yeah, I've got Muc Off Ceramic dry lube on order for my chain. Was just thinking that would be a bit thick for lubing derailleurs and cables. Sounds like the GT85 will do just fine for that job, though I might pick up a can of this RockOil stuff on @Drago 's advice if I see some. Cheers

SteCenturion

I am your Father
What does everyone use for fitting pedals to crank arms, grease wise ?
Is there a specific lube or grease for this job ?

I was thinking of applying Tf2 or similar.

I have a new bike & never fitted them before & will ask in the tech section if needs be.

Ta.

Top Bottom