Bike Stand - This One Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Location
Crewe
Ceci n'est pas un bike stand...
 

Tynan

Legendary Member
Location
e4
I bought one for just under £30 last month that's much better than that and works fine, used it plenty already

Suggest you lash out another tenner
 

girofan

Legendary Member
OK if you don't want to do major work on your bikes, but if you like mechanicals and do your own servicing, best to save-up and buy a proper stand for about £100.
 
OP
OP
P

pbar

Guru
Tynan said:
I bought one for just under £30 last month that's much better than that and works fine, used it plenty already

Suggest you lash out another tenner

On what though, do you have a link at all please?
 

Plax

Legendary Member
Location
Wales
I have one of those. It's okay for fiddling with the gears and stuff. Managed to change the gear cables using it, wasn't too bad. Anything involving taking a wheel off or removing a cassette etc and you'll need a better workstand.
I find it really useful for using as just an ordinary bike stand. Lot better than leaning it against the wall!
 

Tynan

Legendary Member
Location
e4
pbar said:
On what though, do you have a link at all please?

After at lest an hour of searching my emails and the internet I can find no evidence that I ever bought a work stand, and the stand itself has no markings whatsoever and I've slung the packaging

sorry, it was £29, it's opens to a triangle with a plastic cup for the bottom bracket and a sprung clamp that holds the downtube tight, couple of guides to lock the front wheel

al academic if no-ones selling them now I agree
 
OP
OP
P

pbar

Guru
Tynan said:
After at lest an hour of searching my emails and the internet I can find no evidence that I ever bought a work stand, and the stand itself has no markings whatsoever and I've slung the packaging

sorry, it was £29, it's opens to a triangle with a plastic cup for the bottom bracket and a sprung clamp that holds the downtube tight, couple of guides to lock the front wheel

al academic if no-ones selling them now I agree

Thanks for your efforts Tynan. If you should remember, or come across it again, let us know.
 
Top Bottom