1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Stand - This One Any Good?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by pbar, 25 Apr 2008.

1. pbar

pbar New Member

On the lookout for a bike stand, this is only £20, but is it any good do you reckon?

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

What is?

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Ceci n'est pas un bike stand...

4. OP
    OP
    pbar

pbar New Member

5. walker

walker New Member

its a display stand, but its ok for minor feckling

6. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I bought one for just under £30 last month that's much better than that and works fine, used it plenty already

Suggest you lash out another tenner

7. girofan

girofan New Member

OK if you don't want to do major work on your bikes, but if you like mechanicals and do your own servicing, best to save-up and buy a proper stand for about £100.

8. I used a similar display stand at first and its ok was the basic stuff but not perfect. I recently upgraded to a better workstand but the old display stand still good for those little jobs and storing the bike.

9. OP
    OP
    pbar

pbar New Member

On what though, do you have a link at all please?

10. Plax

Plax Veteran

I have one of those. It's okay for fiddling with the gears and stuff. Managed to change the gear cables using it, wasn't too bad. Anything involving taking a wheel off or removing a cassette etc and you'll need a better workstand.
    I find it really useful for using as just an ordinary bike stand. Lot better than leaning it against the wall!

11. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Agree it will be handy for supporting the bike in a shed or garage but as a workstand it will be very limited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member

13. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

After at lest an hour of searching my emails and the internet I can find no evidence that I ever bought a work stand, and the stand itself has no markings whatsoever and I've slung the packaging

sorry, it was £29, it's opens to a triangle with a plastic cup for the bottom bracket and a sprung clamp that holds the downtube tight, couple of guides to lock the front wheel

al academic if no-ones selling them now I agree

14. OP
    OP
    pbar

pbar New Member

Thanks for your efforts Tynan. If you should remember, or come across it again, let us know.

15. on the road

on the road Über Member