Bike storage at work...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
Why don't you (in the summer) take a full watering can... A Mankini... Outside the office at peak times... Jobs a good 'en and no doubt you will either get a shower or sacked.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Why don't you (in the summer) take a full watering can... A Mankini... Outside the office at peak times... Jobs a good 'en and no doubt you will either get a shower or sacked.

I can just imagine me doing this at the university in full view of staff & students.

A P45 would quickly follow :bicycle:

trio25

Über Member
My commute varies, I have ridden 34miles one-way before. No shower as I commute to various places, but I just don't ride hard enough to sweat. On the way home I sometimes put a bit of effort in. Depends how you ride recently and merino is great.

Aiden_23

A few years back in one of my previous jobs I cycled to work about 3 miles each way. I locked my bike inside against a stairway next to the employee entrance. After several months of doing so I was approached by a senior Manager who informed me that this was a serious breach of Health and Safety as the Entrance was also a "fire exit" and my bike could cause an accident. He then asked me to use the bike stands provided which where that far away I had never seen them before. They were rusted and I had to walk about 500 metres over grass to get to them. Funny I was the only cyclist in the place and I wasn't there for much longer. Now I am spoiled 2 huge bike shelters next to the entrance that has enough room for Motorbikes and Cyclist to share, a choice of 6 showers, the whole site is key card protected and has Security 24-7. I hope they get a drying room soon I shudder putting my soaking smelly kit back on :shy:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
The hospital where I work has a lot of Sheffield stands for staff and patients and I'd been using them for the last few months and was fine with that. I finally got around to speaking to security yesterday and now have a key to the staff bike cage for as long as I'm employed by the trust. There's at least three covered cages (that I've seen) and they hold maybe about eight bikes each and seem reasonably secure. Well, I hope so since my bike has been left there for the last two nights :blush:

Top Bottom