Bike storage at work...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'd seriously go for the Leeds Cyclepoint since it's at most a 7-8 minute walk, secure and worth it for a £7 pa LCAG membership.

If it's taking 10-12 minutes, walk faster :tongue:

Nah, needs another bike, a folder for the journey between work and bike storage facility :whistle:

No, it's day access only, without a keycard.

Fair do's, still good value for day parking though for the LCAG members:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
That sounds like a good idea, will print off the form this week and send off. I was going to join anyway but this gives me another excuse.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Leave a note asking him not to, if he still parks it there D-Lock his wheel wheel with a note you will unlock after a week by which time he will have learnt his lesson.:evil:

When there's 2 Sheffield Stands there he won't be able to. TBH I guess I'd prefer getting there and finding he's still done it. Somehow taken up all available spaces - that way there's no argument against taking the bike inside.

baldycyclist

Über Member
mine is in my office safe and sound
Still there now even though I am at home as I have run home
Means I have to run in tomorrow - but weather is looking fine!

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
Thats what we are getting, two Sheffield stands moved from the front to the back. Anyway better at the back than on show at the front of the office where bikes are nicked.

Jdratcliffe

**first post**

first off been a regular reader of this site thought i'd take the plunge sign up and post especially as i have it so easy im sorry to say ... i have no shower though but am allowed to store my bike in a side room in veiw of my desk so can relax after my 22mile cycle in the knowledge that bike is safe and as warm as i am during my work day.

sabian92

Über Member
Forgive the slightly rude question...

but how do you freshen up after 22 miles? That's a fair ride to work!

andrew_s

Legendary Member
My bike parking is quite good.
Sort of open air, but with a building over the top to keep the rain off. About 50 Sheffield stands surrounded by a 2m high fence with a keyfob controlled gate, a car park attendant until about 3pm, and the police station directly across the road (behind).
google streetview

DRHysted

Guru
I'm lucky with where I work. It was built in the 50s when most people road to work, so there is a nice big covered bike shed. Best of all I'm security, and right now I'm sitting watching my bike, safe and sound.

Jdratcliffe

Forgive the slightly rude question...

but how do you freshen up after 22 miles? That's a fair ride to work!
i'm likely in as much as my body runs fast ( 150% resting metabolism) so i dont sweat that much plus i have a good deodorant and i wear a undershirt which i leave on the towel rail in the toilets.

400bhp

Guru
i'm likely in as much as my body runs fast ( 150% resting metabolism) so i dont sweat that much plus i have a good deodorant and i wear a undershirt which i leave on the towel rail in the toilets.

Hello. I'll cut you a bit of slack given you are new here. :smile:

Are you sure you don't smell? It's difficult to know and people are too polite to tell you otherwise. Additionally, leaving an undershirt in toilets might be viewed negatively by others. I would find it a little selfish if someone left a sweaty undershirt in the toilets, more so on the towel rail.

VamP

Banned
We have no shower either. My long commute in is 27 miles, and I tend to do intervals in the morning as well. So I get in properly drenched. Baby wipes make a great surrogate shower, and obviously I don't wear my cycling clothes during the day.

Bike sits in the office with me :thumbsup:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
my commutes 15 miles. Plenty of time to work up a sweat.
I just go to the toilets, change in a cubicle.
Stand up wash over the sink. I get rid of all my 'dont know what to get him' xmas pressies here. Lynx etc. 'shower in a can'
Shopfloor all have lockers for their gear. Not office staff. If my gears wet it's going to go on the radiator next to my desk. We'll see if anyone complains about my hot, sweaty, drying bib shorts

Jdratcliffe

We have no shower either. My long commute in is 27 miles, and I tend to do intervals in the morning as well. So I get in properly drenched. Baby wipes make a great surrogate shower, and obviously I don't wear my cycling clothes during the day.

Bike sits in the office with me :thumbsup:
agree baby wipes wonderful things

my commutes 15 miles. Plenty of time to work up a sweat.
I just go to the toilets, change in a cubicle.
Stand up wash over the sink. I get rid of all my 'dont know what to get him' xmas pressies here. Lynx etc. 'shower in a can'
Shopfloor all have lockers for their gear. Not office staff. If my gears wet it's going to go on the radiator next to my desk. We'll see if anyone complains about my hot, sweaty, drying bib shorts
+1 for standup washes when its very hot and you get proper sweaty and im the same if anyone moans i push again management for a locker/storage which hasnt happend for 6mths soo...

Top Bottom