Bike Storage - Hanging from wall?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Maybe he's got better things to do than tidy up? Like riding a bike?
Or popping up to argue the toss on forums maybe.

arch684

Veteran
I ride mine too, but i also learnt at a young age to keep my house and belongings tidy. Its called growing up and being an adult. Instead of an untidy sloth
My house is clean and tidy as is my garden.My garage is full of bike frames parts and wheels.I'm not an untidy person.I can be working on bikes to all hours and i can't be arsed to tidy up at that time

screenman

Legendary Member
I have bikes, I do not have bits of bikes as I have no need for them. i also tidy as I go as I find working in a mess takes more time.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My house is clean and tidy as is my garden.My garage is full of bike frames parts and wheels.I'm not an untidy person.I can be working on bikes to all hours and i can't be arsed to tidy up at that time
As you can see my summer house is also full of bikes, wheels etc etc....but i prefer to tidy as i go along. Makes it easier to find things when needed. I also get to train in a clean environment, cause as you can see i also have a tv screen in the hooked upto a pc and my turbo.

I just dont know what peoples aversions are too me having a clean and tidy work environment. Maybe some people are bored with their lives and are just anchoring after an arguement for no reason.

screenman

Legendary Member
The first reaction I often get from new visitors to my garage is wow, I wish mine was like this. What is that all about, a bit of paint and a bit of tidying some cheap second hand painted up filing cabinets instead of open shelfs, dump everything or sell what you have not used in that last 12 months and you can have the same, if of course you have a garage to start with.

bpsmith

Veteran
Mine is getting there, slowly. Moved house, with only have if the shed stuff brought with me. 3 years later and got rid of 80% of what I brought. Tool cabinet is the best purchase in a while. Got everything laid out neatly. Unbelievably quick getting stuff done now.

I have carpet tiles out there, but soon shows the dirt. Plan is to paint walls and then replace the flooring when dirt is too much for me. Wall of shelving needs to be closed in too. Sliding doors maybe, with screen in the front for the Turbo? :smile:

Citius

Again, that is the great thing about having a choice. Have you ever once though I wish my garage was a bit tidier, must admit I have never thought I wish mine was a bit messier.^_^^_^^_^^_^

Ironically, mine is neither tidy nor messy - tidy in a messy kind of way, or messy, in a tidy kind of way. I did put up a couple more bike hooks today though, in an attempt to clear some more floor space, but I never did get round to sealing the floor...

screenman

Legendary Member
Sealing the floor was one of the best £40 I ever spent, it gets done now about twice a year and takes less than an hour to do.

Another good buy was filing cabinets 4 of them so 16 large drawers in total.

Top Bottom